• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reds are pink

MITCHATEXOTIC

how do I bump the reds....Im using flexi pro, value jet extra, eco sol inks printing on oracal 3551gra, using profile provided by oracal and my red look terrible .I am pinting at 720 dpi with 1 direction printing with enhance dither pattern HELP PLS thanks in advance...these boards are awesome.

jiarby

reds are hard on CMYK machines. Sounds like a profile problem. Use the Mutoh profile and see if it makes a difference. I use onyx, not flexi, but maybe you can do a color substitution in the RIP in a pinch to darken it up. Try a CMYK:10-100-100-2 for a good red value

MITCHATEXOTIC

thanks so far

my machin is a c lc y m lm k machine should i try the same.I'm also not printing spot color can i adjust the curves in a way to do this.I've been told to try a double strike also but don't know how to do this in flexi

Rodan68

I usually use a pure RGB red and then go to rendering intent-pure hue and check the red box. Makes a great red with my Seiko. I'm not sure how it will do on non-spot colors. You can also try the saturation or spot color rendering intents and see how those do.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
whoa...adding 10% cyan isnt the way to go. Best be in printing CMYK for the best red is 100% Magenta and 100% yellow. May want to check your profile settings as well.

jiarby

I like it with the 10%, it takes it towards the maroon shades. Richer & darker. To me the 100-100 is too orangie. Probably just a personal preference. SOunds like he's not getting yellow if his reds are pink.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
yeah...sounds like the yellow isnt there. I know on my Vuteks...I get the best reds with the 100 M/100 Y combo. To make a bit deeper start adding in Cyan or black. Or I just pick a pantone...