• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reducing cut points on vinyl

AJohnso13

This is my first time working with a vinyl machine. I have a Vinyl Express QE60 and LXI 7.5 software. When printing out on the vinyl I notice there are a lot of mini circles where the needle starts and stops. This can really distort some of the finer details and smaller words. I am hoping there is a way to reduce them or get rid of them completely. So far I have not been lucky in this endeavor. Any help is welcome Thank you.

mrfern

The issues is the vector art you have. If you use Adobe Illustrator you can select View Outline or CTRL Y and see the lines. The issues is the plotter is attempting to cut everything you told it to cut when you hit send. PM me the file and I can show you if you do not have Illy.

mrfern

AJohnso13

It actually happens the most with the font option in LXi. It's much less noticeable in other images and texts that are added from the other programs I use.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It sounds like you are seeing the result of outlining poorly vectorized images. Send me a copy of your file to the email in my signature and i can give you a better opinion on it. Include both the original and the one giving the problem.

strypguy

LXi is probably similar to flexi. Look for path edit. Several options in flexi include subtract point, add point, optimize curve etc. These will allow you to smooth out your cuts and reduce the points.

Sorry if it's vague answer but I haven't used Lxi for years.

John

AJohnso13

I've looked all over this thing and I cannot see where these small circles are coming from. They are just not in the illustration themselves.