• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reflective wrap material

cptcorn

adad
Where can you get Oracal 5100 from??

What else can I use to wrap a dirtcar with in a reflective vinyl?

It's not really worth it... The car will only reflect back if the spectator's head is directly in the path of the light shining on the car. At a race, this doesn't work because the lights are high up.

I thought it was going to be the sweetest thing ever, but really didn't think it through, nobody realized it was reflective material.

AllSquare Jason

It's not really worth it... The car will only reflect back if the spectator's head is directly in the path of the light shining on the car. At a race, this doesn't work because the lights are high up.

I thought it was going to be the sweetest thing ever, but really didn't think it through, nobody realized it was reflective material.

I felt the same way - was a little of a let down for us as well - but it makes for one awesome picture when the flash goes off. I used the MacTac Enhancer Laminate on the same race car we sponsor and was also disappointing. It looks sweet from 1 or 2 feet away - but any farther and it looks just a regular laminate.

That car looks great you did BTW.

Here is a picture of the Nikkalite printed with an SP540v using Roland Profile Standard Speed (by Justin Starnes at Star Graphix)
100_1847.JPG

100_1855.JPG

Last edited:

STAR Graphix

Jason is correct on that info for the Nikkalite, the only other suggestion would be to place the reflective on another piece of vinyl if you think it will ever be removed. It was talked about before that job, owners decided to go another way, shortly after the team split and we had to remove the website and drivers name.(now KikerMotorsports.com , BrandonDeanRacing.com)

I only used it on flat surfaces on the trailer, the curve of the roof and quarter panels on the racecar, overall went on okay. I also like how bright is seems to reflect over the standard cut vinyl I have used in the past. As far as the racing side of it, you cant really tell it until a picture is taken, but it does look awesome

I've only had a printer for year and half, everything i have has been bought through All Square, and on Jason's advice. Highly recommended by me.

STAR Graphix
Justin Starnes

btw....the car in the above post looks great in the flash!