• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Registration marks are printing off.

Jharris81

My printer just started doing this and is making a weird noise from the cutting head of the printer.
3555ddf729168cde9baece8c12dd92e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jharris81

Yes it is loaded straight. I took a video but don’t know how to load to the site

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
IDK what kind of printer can print crooked like that. How's the media secured? Media clamps failure, so the media is skewing?

Jharris81

Well didn’t have a lot of time to investigate into it at the moment so hopefully tomorrow I can dive into it a bit more. I know that the carriage was making a kind of clacking noise when it was moving back and forth and then when it was cutting it was a lot more apparent. I would say it was almost like an out of round roller moving back and forth.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
That clacking noise could be your media guides hitting against the print head as it passes over them. Make sure they are flat.

Medina Signs

Old Member
also, check your encoder strip and clean with alcohol swab if necessary. Also check the media feed encoder. Had an ink xplosion once and the feed encoder got ink on the encoder disk caused a feed problem.

Jharris81

So I finally got around to running the printer again and the issue is gone. Could it of been because of temp change? We went up to 95 degrees last week and the AC had not been turned on in the shop. Wasn’t terribly hot but I think the shop was around 80 degrees.

rjssigns

So I finally got around to running the printer again and the issue is gone. Could it of been because of temp change? We went up to 95 degrees last week and the AC had not been turned on in the shop. Wasn’t terribly hot but I think the shop was around 80 degrees.

You can run an environmental match. Been a while since I owned a Roland so can't tell you exactly how to access the function.

Jharris81

I went through everything today and nothing seems to be of now. So I will just let it ride till it arises again.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
This problem is looking like the media was not loaded correctly.
We have a person that is a button pusher and tries to help out, but screws things up 30% of the time. He is great at packaging, shipping and knowing how machines work.
But when it comes down to producing a finished product he is clueless.
Trying to retrain him so he can pay attention to detail and see the finished product.

Jharris81

This problem is looking like the media was not loaded correctly.
We have a person that is a button pusher and tries to help out, but screws things up 30% of the time. He is great at packaging, shipping and knowing how machines work.
But when it comes down to producing a finished product he is clueless.
Trying to retrain him so he can pay attention to detail and see the finished product.

Well the person that is doing all this is me and only me. I know how to load media, and I don’t think you would be able to load media from a roll the skewed.

Jharris81

Figured out the issue, it actually ended up doing it again and went through and cleaned the encoder strip. It was pretty bad, I wiped a lot of gunk off of it. Was actually really surprised how much was on there because it didn’t even look dirty.