• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Relief line in corel????

ONLINE SIGN GUY

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIURE OUT HOW TO PLACE RELIEF LINE BETWEN THE MAIN FONT AND THE OUTLINE....

I HOPE IM CALLING THIS THE CORRECT THING,

EXAMPLE: RED WORD WITH A BLANK OUTLINE THE A BLACK OUTLINE AROUND THAT.

I CAN DO IT BY USING THE CONTOUR TOOL AND MAKING THE MAIN WORD WITH A 2 LINE OUTLINE THAT IS THE SAME COLOR SO IT CUTS THE LINE, AND IT WORKS....

BUT IF I WANT TO SHOW A CUSTOMER WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE, I DONT KNOW HOW.

AND IM SURE THERE IS A EASIER WAY TO DO IT.

IF THIS DOSENT MAKE ANY SENSE LET M KNOW AND IL TRY AN POST AN EXAMPLE.

THANK YOU :rock-n-roll:

Arrange>break contour group apart. Then select just the 2 contours and click arrange>ungroup. Select the inside contour and change the color to white. Done.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You can fake it quickly using different thicknesses of outlines stacked.

Example:

Type your text put a thick outline on it set to black. duplicate the object and thin the outline and turn it white. (I would turn on "Behind fill" and "Scale with image")

I have a Macro from www.macromonster.com that allows me to +- outlines on the fly which saves time. (they also have a macro for vector outlines and drop shadows)

The benifit of this method in the design phase is that you don't have to rebuild it when the customer wants it bigger or variation on the width of the drop thickness.

Once approved use the contour tool, break apart, and then a combo of trim and weld or combine to create a cut file.

gnemmas

Easier way to show customer & for printing only, we use "outline pen" tool. For example: first copy to assign .4" of black outline (check "behind fill"), then duplicate a copy in place, change the outline to .2" white. That's it.

ONLINE SIGN GUY

Worked great for the ustomer example, when i exported it to an eps file to cut it shows a red inside a white middle and a green outline, basicly 3 layers of vinyl, so i converted the middle "white" line to a non color which showed on the screen as a full green outline, but when cut removed the center portion, so....whalla!

Thanks lthw, i should have known how to do that, thanks for the short cut, or should i say, thanks for the correct way!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Here is a visual of the process. I put 50% cyan behind the layouts so you can see the difference between what you did and what learned the hard way suggested.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 172

K Chez

You can also do a lot with stacking multiple outlines and using the convert outlines to curves