• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Reload a print and print on same spot

artofacks1

Hello,

I have a print that was printed in the HP Latex 315 printer. I want to reprint over the exact same print.

is there away to do this and for the printer to print exactly on the same spot?

mid so can some one point me to the correct tutorial to learn this or explain how?

thank you!

netsol

my only suggestion would be IN THE FUTURE put registration marks in an out of the way place, preserving your options

artofacks1

I have a registration mark on the print but it’s a die cutter registration mark. Could I just align to that?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There is no way for you to align it unless you knew where it started to print in the first place.

So make note and mark a spot on the 1st round then load it to the same exact spot on the 2nd.

artofacks1

There is no way for you to align it unless you knew where it started to print in the first place.

So make note and mark a spot on the 1st round then load it to the same exact spot on the 2nd.
So make a mark at the reference line and use that mark on the second round? Just want to make sure I understand your instructions correctly.

thank you!!!

8B2CBB5A-0E86-4A35-BB40-28E24F7A42F1.jpeg

artofacks1

No, but thank you so much for your replies…

print on the hp, than laminate it and print right on top of the same print.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Then do what we both just said. Put a mark somewhere before 1st round and then start the 2nd on same spot. That's as close as you will get.

Could be that spot on the image or where ever. Only you need to know where it was.

artofacks1

Then do what we both just said. Put a mark somewhere before 1st round and then start the 2nd on same spot. That's as close as you will get.

Could be that spot on the image or where ever. Only you need to know where it was.
Got it, I will try that out. Thank you!!!!

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
So, you're going to print on the HP then laminate it and then print right on top of the laminated print.
Hmmmmmmmmm.
Why?
Will the HP latex ink adhear to the top of the laminate?
And dont forget about that 220 volt super hot heater on the HP, after it prints, the material will start to shrink up a little.
Let us know how it works out.

artofacks1

Whats the reason of this reprint on already printed?
I’m printing chrome and whites and clear vinyl on my edge fx. Than loading it on my hp printer and print over it. This before lamination

also to get effects like this and this one would be print, laminate, than print again
849EA9D8-6E53-4CE7-9574-375AB7952296.jpeg

artofacks1

Think about it like this, let’s say you print something and you wanted to add to the print. It would still be nice to be able to reload the media in the exact same spot and print right over it. Maybe it’s a cloud design and you decided you wanted to add a slogan.

point is that it would be nice to be able to reload media and align the exact start point so it hits its mark.

netsol

On our CNC, we added a small laser, giving us the ability to align to registration marks, so the CBC can contour cut. It requires a bit of manipulation, but is repeatable