• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Relocate 4 turtles in Florida

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think it’s great they have protection for the turtles. They use to be all up and down the east coast but have almost been wiped out. Flagler Beach is a nice area.
It's a real shame how much Florida has been destroyed and how so many people have no issues burying these things alive so they can build a house. Florida sure as hell isn't what it used to be.

Notarealsignguy

Relocation has been the law in Florida for years and having a property surveyed for them is part of your due diligence that is done BEFORE purchasing property. It's not just the tortoises, it's various endangered birds like the scrub jay too that need to be checked. You also have tree mitigation here, another thing to check before buying land.

Johnny Best

Its bad enough when these people come down to FL and crap up the environment. Cruise ships that drop their waste in the Ocean. Walt Disnet World that creates cheap hotels and tourists farting and subjecting us to seeing their ugly bodies in swimwear after eating their fair share of corndogs and fake Tilapia Then they want to build a house where turtles have lived for centuries and are not willing and complain about a penalty for removing them, they want to retire on a fix income in FL. Next thing our Super Member will tell us is we have to ge rid of our slaves, the nerve of these cheap Yankees!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Texas got Elon...now FL gets Bezos. Johnny, he will be your new neighbor..so next time you order underwear on Amazon, Bezos will hand deliver it with a smile and ask you to try it on and see if it fits.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Where do they relocate them to? For that kind of money I would demand a live feed so I could watch "my" tortoises forever LOL I do see the point though since they are endangered. And if you don't have steep fines and steep relocation fees then people will just build wherever they want and kill them.

Up here a friend of mine had some construction work done by the state on his land and they had to wait until the Sandhill Cranes were done mating before they could start. There was something about snakes also that they had to plan around.

I'm not animal lover or tree hugger but it is important not to have some common sense when dealing with mother nature. Maybe I'm just used to the DNR here being like God. You can mess with the cops but NOT the DNR. At least not up here and not with deer hunting or lakes.

Interesting side note about the DNR. They have more authority than police. If they suspect you illegally shot a deer they do not need a search warrant, they can walk right in your house/garage/vehicle and search. They can also walk anywhere on your land at any time and there is not a thing you can do about it.

Notarealsignguy

Where do they relocate them to?
There is private land set aside but there are restrictions on how many can be placed per acre. It's expensive because it renders the property owners land useless beyond the fee they get for the tortoise so they have to charge a high rate. Similar to buying a cemetery plot.

JBurton

Signtologist
much better than the creepy doll... that was bad. But I don't think a tiny frog fits you.
Yeah, I'm thinking it suits you well though...
OIG.urhuweY_GalLyMDV5_s3