• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

remembering choices

RiXaX

I once knew how to do this, but am apparently getting old enough to forget. WHen I draw a shape it has a line around it. I can go to FIll/Stroke editor and click on clear and it goes away. How do I get it to stay gone away? If I start a new file it remembers a font and a color from a previous use. How do I get it to a default font of my choosing and color of my choosing when I start something new? I just want it to open with arial again in black, with no line around it.

mfatty500

open flexi, with nothing selected, make sure that wireframe is not check, also see if the stroke is set to zero or (nothing), choose the font of your choice, then close flexi completely, and re-launch. Hope this helps. Also try, F1 to view the manual. I'm using Flexi 8.6 v2

RiXaX

the stroke is set to 0.00, and if I clear the stroke and then re boot Flexi, it still comes up with the stroke line. It won't allow me to uncheck transform.

Scotchbrite

No comment
As soon as you try to click the "transform" box, it throws a stroke back in. To keep the stroke off, you have to click the "clear" button and don't mess with the transform check box. I don't think you need to worry about it since there's no stroke to transform. That's how mine has always been and there's no stroke showing up by default.

RiXaX

As soon as you try to click the "transform" box, it throws a stroke back in. To keep the stroke off, you have to click the "clear" button and don't mess with the transform check box. I don't think you need to worry about it since there's no stroke to transform. That's how mine has always been and there's no stroke showing up by default.
When I hit CLear, it puts the check mark back into the transform box. I can't get rid of both the line and the check mark

Scotchbrite

No comment
When I hit CLear, it puts the check mark back into the transform box. I can't get rid of both the line and the check mark
That's what I'm saying, you can't get rid of the check mark. It's irrelevant if the stroke is cleared. I have no strokes even though that box is checked.

signheremd

I'm in Flexi 19. At the bottom right is the default for stroke and fill. You can set them to no stroke and black fill and your preferred text style easily. In the lower right corner of Flexi is the default settings for stroke and fill - click on stroke then in the flyout window Fill/Stroke Editor clear the stroke. Next click on the fill in the lower right corner and then in Fill/Stroke Editor choose your favorite color for default. Then Click the text tool and in DesignCentral choose your preferred font. Now close the job window. Last, open a new job window and your preferred choices should still be set. Now when you close Flexi it will save your choices.

RiXaX

Go to your shapes and pull a rectangle and color it yellow. Un select it and see it there is a black line around it. That's what I'm trying to get rid of. Select that box and then go to the stroke box and hit clear. Now go look at the box, no stroke. I want to be able to open Flexi and not have that line unless I decide to put it there. That's how my program always was.

karst41

My rules to clients.

A list of all Fonts Used. If non standard then the actuaul font must be provided Post Script or TTF.
All Fonts converted to Paths

All stroke converted to Outlines,, Flexi Sign is not the world Standard in Design,
With Flexi Sign All Outlines Converted to Paths.
This creates it as an Object, that you can Select and then do with it as you want or delete it.

Cheers

RiXaX

I have Flexi on two computers....same version, 10.5. One computer is stuck doing those lines and the other is free from it. I can't find anything set differently to define the problem.