• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remote access w/Omega

Billct2

I set up remote access on my home computer thru Win XP and it works great except for Gerber, it won't let me access. I get an error message along the lines of "Cannot us on this system" or something like that.
Is there any way to make it work?

beckys

With the lastest of the upgrade, which was 2.5,They are now at 2.6, I think, you could also have another design station(I use mine at home)You obviously can't output with it, but saves alot of time designing at home. Then save on disc or e-mail to yourself, viola, now you can output at work or tweak or whatever...

Billct2

Becky is that the "design only" station(the one that costa bout $800)? And you're able to save jobs with it?

Service Sign Co

If you need an upgrade to 2.6 the workstation comes free with the upgrade. You have to order the upgrade before July 30th. I'm waiting for mine to come here any day now

beckys

Bill
"Becky is that the "design only" station(the one that costa bout $800)? And you're able to save jobs with it?"
Yes

threeputt

Does anyone know off-hand, about how much the upgrade is from 2.1 to 2.6? Round numbers. It's the CP version. (I think that's the highest one)

threeputt

We have two licensed copies of the Omega 2.1. Wonder if they'd cut me any kind of deal to upgrade both workstations? Thanks for the information, that's less than I'd figured.

GB2

Old Member
There is a discount for 2 seats of Omega, I'm not sure what it is though, something like full price 1st seat and half price for 2nd seat.

Billct2

Another question...using the remote desktop and with the "design only" version on the home computer can you open plt files from the work computer?

beckys

Yes, but you have to remember to save on disc or e-mail to yourself...I forgot once, hasnt happened again;)