• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remote Office Printer

I have 1 wireless desktop, 1 wired desktop and 3 wireless notebooks, I want to be able to access the office printer from all pc's. The printer sits right next to the wireless router but not my hub or cable modem. I dont have these pc's networked together

My question is what is the best way to get the desktop printer connected to all pc's?

Wrapture

Network them all.

I just bought an HPC6380, and I highly recommend it for general purpose use. It's networkable, even wireless, and it just works. I like for things to just work.

Also it has 5 ink tanks and a replaceable head. CMYK & Photo Black. It prints FAST. As as fast as my Canon laser without the typical Canon issues.

Wrapture

I guess I misread your post the first time. I thought you were looking for recommendation.

Your post is confusing though. You say you have "I have 1 wireless desktop, 1 wired desktop and 3 wireless notebooks" But then you say they are not networked?

Is your printer a network ready printer? Maybe that's why I recommended one, on the assumption that yours is not.

rcook99

Buy yourself a networkable printer and you should be able to plug it in to the back of the router, which will allow you to print from your other computers. I have 2 wired and 2 laptops that can print to our OKI 5200N which is plugged into the back of the Linksys router.

Pat Whatley

Just network all of them, connect the printer to the office computer, and share it on the network. Should take less than 1/2 an hour to set up the printer and all the computers.