• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remote Project Manager at your Service

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Please ask me detailed questions for which you will get detailed answers.

I am seeking a Remote Project Manager position.

My background:
For the past 11 years I have managed & operated a full service sign company, very simply, I love creating and building things and I have high aptitude for learning. I thrive in demanding roles. I have a solid foundation in the Business Management, Organizational behavior, Sales and Technical Skilled Trades.
I am looking to achieve a Quality of Life that is beneficial to my family by investing my next 20+ years in a stable organization. If you are looking for an experienced organized leader who cares about the customer, profit margins, company reputation, has internal drive, integrity and motivation give me a call.

Skills:
  • Responsible for large quantity & multi location projects
  • Managed ground up marketing campaigns to include signage and graphic environments
  • Retired Army Captain 22 years of service
  • Secret Security Clearance valid till 2029
Took over a 2 man sign shop in Nov 2011, expanded to full service shop to include electrical services and marketing items.
I learned and managed all actives of a full service sign and marketing company:
Consultative Sales, Contract Negotiation, Product Planning, Marketing Planning, Media Purchasing, SEO, SEM, PPC, Social Media, Website Creation, Logo & Branding Style Guides, Surveys, Permitting, Creating Plans & Drawing, Blue Prints, Inventory, Payroll, Project Management for single & multi locations, Employee Training, Forecasting, Creative Direction, Engineering, Fabrication steel and aluminum, Installation, Electrical Service, Construction coordination, Multi Location coordination, Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance management.

Company Density:
At Peak 10 Full time employees, 2 part time, 6-9 subcontractors. Fleet of 3 Bucket truck trucks, 2 Service trucks, 2 wide format printers, 2 plotters, lamination machine, 6 workstations.

If I missed something just ask me, I built the company. By my learning of all tasks I could train the staff in all areas.

Software:
Graphic Design Software: Illustrator, Photoshop & Flexi Sign, CNC Operation VCarve, Trello, Google Suites, Microsoft Offfice, Excel

Adam Bartling 713-301-000Seven

Bill DiStasio

Please ask me detailed questions for which you will get detailed answers.

I am seeking a Remote Project Manager position.

My background:
For the past 11 years I have managed & operated a full service sign company, very simply, I love creating and building things and I have high aptitude for learning. I thrive in demanding roles. I have a solid foundation in the Business Management, Organizational behavior, Sales and Technical Skilled Trades.
I am looking to achieve a Quality of Life that is beneficial to my family by investing my next 20+ years in a stable organization. If you are looking for an experienced organized leader who cares about the customer, profit margins, company reputation, has internal drive, integrity and motivation give me a call.

Skills:
  • Responsible for large quantity & multi location projects
  • Managed ground up marketing campaigns to include signage and graphic environments
  • Retired Army Captain 22 years of service
  • Secret Security Clearance valid till 2029
Took over a 2 man sign shop in Nov 2011, expanded to full service shop to include electrical services and marketing items.
I learned and managed all actives of a full service sign and marketing company:
Consultative Sales, Contract Negotiation, Product Planning, Marketing Planning, Media Purchasing, SEO, SEM, PPC, Social Media, Website Creation, Logo & Branding Style Guides, Surveys, Permitting, Creating Plans & Drawing, Blue Prints, Inventory, Payroll, Project Management for single & multi locations, Employee Training, Forecasting, Creative Direction, Engineering, Fabrication steel and aluminum, Installation, Electrical Service, Construction coordination, Multi Location coordination, Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance management.

Company Density:
At Peak 10 Full time employees, 2 part time, 6-9 subcontractors. Fleet of 3 Bucket truck trucks, 2 Service trucks, 2 wide format printers, 2 plotters, lamination machine, 6 workstations.

If I missed something just ask me, I built the company. By my learning of all tasks I could train the staff in all areas.

Software:
Graphic Design Software: Illustrator, Photoshop & Flexi Sign, CNC Operation VCarve, Trello, Google Suites, Microsoft Offfice, Excel

Adam Bartling 713-301-000Seven
How can I can I reach you outside of the media. I'm doing what you've done. Running two businesses, one if which is a sign company and all self taught. I wouldn't mind picking your brain if it's ok with you.

Evan Gillette

I apologize for adding to the off-topic replies, and don't intend to come off as nosy or rude. Are you the owner of the shop you mention or the manager? I assumed "took over" meant that you purchased and were/are the owner of but reading through again it sounds like you are a manager looking for a lateral move (which makes more sense). Judging by the replies, your wording could use some clarification. Most of the shop owners here would have a hard time understanding why someone would want to make the switch from owning and growing their own shop to running someone else's. Good luck with the search!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
HAhahahaaaaa....... I had someone like that come by some years ago. Ohhh..... he had a business for 12 years and could build, make, design just about anything your heart might desire. All ya hadda do was ask him and he'd tell ya how to. He could do it all. His schtick was, he was tired of running the business and wanted to run a business for someone else, so he didn't hafta be responsible. I told him, I'll hire ya as top dawg and we'll see how it goes for a few months. It took less than 2 weeks to see he was a worthless bum. He spent money like a drunken sailor and did things I worked hard for and wanted to replace or add to. I asked him, why didn't you do this to your business ?? I never had enough money. I guess cause you're always wasting it on frivolous sh!t. I ended up telling him he couldn't work here any more and he said, that's all right..... I can see you don't want to expand. Cripes, he wasted a few thousand dollars in about 5 days. No wonder he wanted to run someone else's business into the ground. I heard about 2 years later, he quit doing everything, moved to florida and worked for some guy who had a fishing charter business.

Good luck on your venture, wherever it may lead you, but the other hand, thank you for your service.

Hero Signs

HAhahahaaaaa....... I had someone like that come by some years ago. Ohhh..... he had a business for 12 years and could build, make, design just about anything your heart might desire. All ya hadda do was ask him and he'd tell ya how to. He could do it all. His schtick was, he was tired of running the business and wanted to run a business for someone else, so he didn't hafta be responsible. I told him, I'll hire ya as top dawg and we'll see how it goes for a few months. It took less than 2 weeks to see he was a worthless bum. He spent money like a drunken sailor and did things I worked hard for and wanted to replace or add to. I asked him, why didn't you do this to your business ?? I never had enough money. I guess cause you're always wasting it on frivolous sh!t. I ended up telling him he couldn't work here any more and he said, that's all right..... I can see you don't want to expand. Cripes, he wasted a few thousand dollars in about 5 days. No wonder he wanted to run someone else's business into the ground. I heard about 2 years later, he quit doing everything, moved to florida and worked for some guy who had a fishing charter business.

Good luck on your venture, wherever it may lead you, but the other hand, thank you for your service.
I have come across tons of those guys 58 employees in 10 years and only wanted to keep 4 of them longer. I am legit just did a service call for AGI yesterday and Printing for Cavenders Boot City the day before, my team was doing other things.

Also I am not looking for a SALARY , nope I am ON DEMAND, Do not use me for weeks or months, no pay needed. Pay for only the time you use, I am a rare breed.

Last edited:

Hero Signs

I apologize for adding to the off-topic replies, and don't intend to come off as nosy or rude. Are you the owner of the shop you mention or the manager? I assumed "took over" meant that you purchased and were/are the owner of but reading through again it sounds like you are a manager looking for a lateral move (which makes more sense). Judging by the replies, your wording could use some clarification. Most of the shop owners here would have a hard time understanding why someone would want to make the switch from owning and growing their own shop to running someone else's. Good luck with the search!
If it scares you that I have a company and also seeking employment we are not a good fit. After surgery I am looking at things differently, You can come visit my shop, my house, run my security clearance, I just need to make a change, I am contemplating dropping my TECL also . If you have not fallen to all the negativity on this board give me a call
My websites

Hero Signs

How can I can I reach you outside of the media. I'm doing what you've done. Running two businesses, one if which is a sign company and all self taught. I wouldn't mind picking your brain if it's ok with you.
My # is in the thread 713-301-000Seven