• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removable wrap

Signed Out

Have a customer with 5 box trucks, already lettered with their logo. They have a new service to offer and want to advertise it tempoarily and not damage the lettering that is already on the trucks. These ads would be on for about 3-6 months. They asked if we could attach banners somehow. Told them I would look into it but a removable wrap might be the best solution. I haven't done this before so my concern is will a removable vinyl such as 3m ij40c-10r or oracal 3169 ra remove without damaging the lettering that is already on their. How would you go about this job?

ChicagoGraphics

Why not use a banner frame system, this way they can allway's advertise something other then what's on there trucks now without ever damaging the lettering under it.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Yeah, Truck Ads uses 3M's Dual Lock special velcro type tape and some extra panels.
The initial kit is a little pricey and the change out kit (x amount of linear dual lock) costs less. They offer wholesale and retail prices. The other banner frame system is a drill/screw mount system with tension brackets you actually frame onto the perimeter of the side of the truck. It's initial cost is more than the other...the install is more work....but once it's on...the replacement is only the cost of the banner. Sooo it all depends on how many changeouts per year and who's changing it out (ability/comfort). Also, apparently the bolt on frame may cause the max width allowance to be exceeded by a hair...so whatever.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Banner frame systems

Yeah, Truck Ads uses 3M's Dual Lock special velcro type tape and some extra panels.
The initial kit is a little pricey and the change out kit (x amount of linear dual lock) costs less. They offer wholesale and retail prices. The other banner frame system is a drill/screw mount system with tension brackets you actually frame onto the perimeter of the side of the truck. It's initial cost is more than the other...the install is more work....but once it's on...the replacement is only the cost of the banner. Sooo it all depends on how many changeouts per year and who's changing it out (ability/comfort). Also, apparently the bolt on frame may cause the max width allowance to be exceeded by a hair...so whatever.

There are a MYRIAD of banner frame systems out there. Take a look at what "Google says!..." TRUCKSIDE ADVERTISING BANNER FRAME SYSTEMS https://www.google.com/webhp?source...pw.r_qf.&fp=2812fc28209ad682&biw=1920&bih=967

Signed Out

Yea I explained to him that we could do a banner track type system and they could change ads out for less than the initial cost. They are a local fresh produce distributor who will now be offering online ordering and curbside pickup. they want to advertise this for 3-6 months on all of their trucks to get the word out, then they will go back to their normal truck lettering, and add that info. in as they replace trucks. They don't forsee a need to be able to change their ad often, just this one time.

So Im trying to get pricing for the banner track systems to compare the costs, I can't imagine it would be cheaper then installing and removing a temp. wrap on a flat box truck. But.. will it damgae the decals underneath when removed. the decals are in good shape right now.

HulkSmash

3M ij 3552C. I use it on trasit buses all the time, and it doesn't remove any of the existing lettering or reflective that is on the original bus.

It has the ControlTAc + Changable.. so it's even easier to install than ij 180.. nice stuff.

Signed Out

thanks colorado, and everyone else, was looking for some reassurance from someone who has done this before.