• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing a Wrap

Futura Signs

Now i have been told by my supplier that remvoving a wrap should not be too hard.... HAHA

EZ RS viny wrap was used on my car .... maybe a year at the most is how long it was on.

I must say it took me longer to remove 2 wrapped sides than it took me to actualy apply the new wrap over the entire vehicle.

De-wrap *( 38 Hours )*
New wrap *( 27 Hours including cleaning)*

Anyone else having as much problem as me removing wreap vinyl.

Im wrapping by myself so thats why its taking more time than usual. Im also working with a 30" instead of 54"

And last but not least. i live in the maritimes, Canada. HUGE amounts of salts get applied over the roads during the winter which may or may not casue the decals to be more dry then they would normaly be on say someone who is wrapping in california.

Cheers ppl and im hoping for some interesting replies.... hopefuly from more ppl who have snow / salts on there roads.

cptcorn

adad
wow, 8-10 hours on a fullsize van, one person. We only use 3M.

Pay now (use good materials for install) or pay later (removing old crummy materials) I guess it goes.

Futura Signs

Giimie a van yeah 7 - 10 hours. Gimmie a Hellish Curved vehicle REALLLY dirty full of glue from a previous wrap.... thats another story.

;)

Mosh

EZ RS sucks! Orcal or 3M is all we use. Yea, about 8 hours or LESS for my cans to stipp wrap off a FS van. Get three or four of them on it and it only takes 3 hours or so.

BRUSHMARKS

i have removed 2 wraps so far. both oracal. 1 was a full size f-250 extended cab, long box. put it in a heated shop for 4 hours in middle of winter cam after lunch was all of no adhesive in 3.5 hours. then removed a full wrapped forester, outside on a 80 degree day in about 6 hours.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Im wrapping by myself so thats why its taking more time than usual. Im also working with a 30" instead of 54"

LOL...That sucks man. Even a 48" would be better than that. Mutoh is practically giving away 48" now because nobody wants those. I would definately invest in a large printer before ANYTHING else.
Yeah, I think the salt plays the biggest part in the vinyl drying out. You sure they laminated it? Just asking. Other than heating with a cyclone heater while you sweat and peel it off...that's it.

Futura Signs

the car in question was my car. I printed / installed it. We had that stupid Liquid Laminate on it.... BAD IDEA. lol. It was also my first un-wrap. and i work by myself. Things trieds during un-wrap

Heat was not really a problem it was summer at the time but i used heat guns as well to help the removal, i tried going to a Pressure wand Carwash to try and spray them off... still nothing... it would make giant bubbles and exploded water everywheres.

Short of peeling it back a little at a time with no more than a 6" piece at a time before it ripped.

I realize that a 30" printed is not optimal for this but thats what i got.

Mason

the car in question was my car. I printed / installed it. We had that stupid Liquid Laminate on it.... BAD IDEA. lol. It was also my first un-wrap. and i work by myself. Things trieds during un-wrap

Heat was not really a problem it was summer at the time but i used heat guns as well to help the removal, i tried going to a Pressure wand Carwash to try and spray them off... still nothing... it would make giant bubbles and exploded water everywheres.

Short of peeling it back a little at a time with no more than a 6" piece at a time before it ripped.

I realize that a 30" printed is not optimal for this but thats what i got.
That was your first mistake...

MikePro

aye, 3M ftw imo.
just de-installed some partial wraps I put up 3 years ago... heatgun in one hand, handful of vinyl in the other hand and no glue was left behind! they even have a new controltac that doesn't have that stupid waffle-pattern in it anymore.
pricey, by comparison to other vinyls, but hell of a timesaver.

veloxgraphics

LOL...That sucks man. Even a 48" would be better than that. Mutoh is practically giving away 48" now because nobody wants those. I would definately invest in a large printer before ANYTHING else.
Yeah, I think the salt plays the biggest part in the vinyl drying out. You sure they laminated it? Just asking. Other than heating with a cyclone heater while you sweat and peel it off...that's it.

I poked around Mutoh's site... i dont even see a 48" offering. Do you have any info on what they are offering to get rid of the 48" models?

promgr

WEED Burnner

Guys you are going about this the wrong way I can dewrap A full size van in 30 min using a weed burnner just wave the flame a foot away and for about a min on the side and pull off the graphic. I have been doing this for years and have no issues with it. I did a 40 foot rv last year and it only took 3 hours from start to finish.