• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing left behind Adhesive...

artsnletters

Flash point of Rapid Remover = 128 degrees Fahrenheit
Flash point of gasoline = -40 degrees Fahrenheit

Which one would you bet your life on?

but then again i've never heard of a signguy/adhesive remover spontainiously combust either....

i've used lacquer thinner in a pinch and never burst into flames.

i use some industrial solvent called Tool Crib in a spraycan that works pretty good to gell those adhesive boogers up then using a squeegee to get the most of it, then using Dupont Prep-sol in another spraycan to finish clean it before applying new lettering.
Tim

Flash point of Rapid Remover = 128 degrees Fahrenheit
Flash point of gasoline = -40 degrees Fahrenheit

Which one would you bet your life on?

"Flash Point" isn't the point where it will burst into flames... it is the point at which it starts to vaporize.

Are you arguing for or against Rapid Remover?

EDIT: (from Wikipedia)
The flash point of a volatile liquid is the lowest temperature at which it can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air. Measuring a liquid's flash point requires an ignition source. At the flash point, the vapor may cease to burn when the source of ignition is removed.

Slamdunkpro

"Flash Point" isn't the point where it will burst into flames... it is the point at which it starts to vaporize.

Are you arguing for or against Rapid Remover?
I know what flashpoint means. I'd rather use a solvent that flashes to vapor at +100 than -40.

CheapVehicleWrap

"I have had the best luck with the 3M adhesive remover as well. "

Unfortunately 3M adhesive remover has recently been outlawed for sale in New Jersey. Better prices online anyway.

"Gasoline does it without turning it to snot. Remover cost $42.00 a gal."ause I tried this again yesterday and it did not work so good!

Yep, just used it the other day when nothing else worked.

"As an aside... the stuff is kind of intoxicating... I try not to use it indoors too much... Starts off smelling nice -- "Oooo is that orange?" and then slowly kills brain cells..."

Reminds me of my friend who cleaned the bathroom with New "re-scented" bleach cleaner with the doors/windows closed. He spent months in the hospital and was wiped out for a year because of burning his lungs. Gee, why don't they think of not adding sulfer to natural gas next?