• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Spray Paint from wrap

datoshway

A customers wrap got tagged by spray paint, can the paint be removed you think without damaging the wrap?

letterman7

If it was laminated, probably. Start with lightweight removers - paint thinner, turpentine. Maybe one of the citrus based cleaners. Avoid anything with ketones, acetone, lacquer thinner... those will screw the laminate. You might even get away with buffing it off with automotive clear coat grade buffing compound. Follow that up with a regular wax which will help bring the luster of the laminate back as well.

TammieH

We use 99% Isopropyl Alcohol as a first choice for cleaning spray paint, it works on most fast drying paints as long as the print has an over-lam.

Craig Sjoquist

Hardware stores even sell stuff goof off or something like it.

Not sure what Easy off oven cleaner will do to laminate / but I do know it will remove paint one coat a ta time well.

I use to clean my window splash painting off window with the ..purple soap .. has many names but they sell it as a de-greaser it also loosens paint up.

just some options