• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replaced print head and head cables - No ink - vj-1204

floater302

This morning I replaced the print head and head cables on my VJ, I refilled ink through the lines. However the print head isn't expelling any colors in print mode. I'm currently browsing forums to find similar issues, but not having much luck. Any suggestions where to look or start?

Did you try a ink fill?

Ok im beyond lost at this point i put it back together and double checked my head data cable and every thing looks good and fired it back up and still no print and no errors even did another little charge and more than plenty of ink is flowing out of the tube into the waste tank, i still have the right cover off and can see it all working while its doing its thing. Im pretty bummed. i dont know what to do if anyone can help or knows someone who might be able to point me in the right direction i would appreciate it more than i can put into words

floater302

Might be possible your new printhead is bad, do o have a old one to try? and hen you replaced the head di you change the head rank?

Ninoleo44

The 1204 service guide has the wiring diagram, if you need a copy shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.

wayne k
guam usa
Hello Wayne, I do have a problem with my mutoh VJ 1304, one of the cyan channels is not firing, I already replaced the maintenance station hoping that was the problem, but still not luck. Read that it could be a blown fuse (F2) checked that as well and F6 & F7 but they are fine. This happened right after my cyan cartridge ran out of ink (did not noticed until it was empty) Hopefully I can have some help
Or could you please send me the diagram for the wiring?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Ninoleo44

Hello Wayne, I do have a problem with my mutoh VJ 1304, one of the cyan channels is not firing, I already replaced the maintenance station hoping that was the problem, but still not luck. Read that it could be a blown fuse (F2) checked that as well and F6 & F7 but they are fine. This happened right after my cyan cartridge ran out of ink (did not noticed until it was empty) Hopefully I can have some help
Or could you please send me the diagram for the wiring?
Any help would be really appreciated.
this is my email address n4printing@yahoo.com in case you could. Thank you.

TMAhoia

Might be possible your new printhead is bad, do o have a old one to try? and hen you replaced the head di you change the head rank?
Hi floater302
I know this is a quite old post the guy you've replied to I have the same problem......what do you mean by charging the head rank?