• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

replacing one panel

Anastasi55

Our company driver dinged our van and there are a couple scratches on the hood panel. this was produced before I even started at the company by our California artist, and the printing was outsourced at the time. Since we now have a printer and media that can do a car wrap, I'm trying to figure out how to do it in-house.

Our artist dug through his computer, sent me his one file for the panel, but unfortunately, it's just a conceptual mockup, not laid out on a template. Though I'm going to try to find out the vendor who did the printing, I don't think I can get the templates without a fee. And I don't know if the owner of the company will pay to cover this small scratch...

What would you folks do?

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
The likelihood that the file you create will line up perfectly, the colors match and it not look like a patch is not very good. I would live with the scratches until it is time to re-wrap it.

MikePro

pics, or it never happened.
have you tried grinding up some ramon noodles and using it as filler? works on the tik toks.

edited to add, the cool thing about hoods is that they can be their own separate design, if you wish to flex your newly-aquired in-house production skills then its not really that much material to make a new graphic entirely and design with intent to be contrasted rather than color-matched.

Last edited: