• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

retractable banner returned

gabagoo

This is so typical of these types of hardware and the BS that customers try to tell you.
In any case I do quite a few retractables for a promotion company that resells them to a large customer. Most of the banners have personalized info on them for sales reps so in reality they are taken care of. as the sales rep has to initially purchase them.

I get a call yesterday from the company that one of the retractables has broken. She said the client had the banner since June and the first time she opened it (last week...right) the banner slipped out of the top holder and wound up inside the casing. Really I said. I told her that there were 6 allen screws holding that piece in there, but send it over and let me look it over.

It arrived 15 minutes ago. I use the 31.5" Orient banner stands which are a pretty good unit. I open it up and written across the anodized front of the stand (which anyone could read) in permanent marker it says generic stand. AHA I thinks to myself. Sure it's one of the generic banners I send out which is not personalized and is handled by many people as they send it around to different locations for events and shows. Also the front of the stand has more scuff marks than a 1975 Buick. used it only once my azz!!!
All the allan screws are in place but the allen key which sits under the unit in the rubber housing is gone, so i wonder....were they fiddling around with this?
I will open it and retension the unit for them at no charge, but it just drives me crazy how they BS the truth. used once!!! HA

:banghead:

Bigdawg

Just Me
No it's not them. We are getting Orients back too - Orbus changed vendors and the new Orients and Barracudas are crap... I am looking for new models myself that will meet our quality standard...

gabagoo

This one is the original, I cant see any differences.... besides, If I tighten all the allen screws, how could 6 of them fail?

Bigdawg

Just Me
they work themselves loose is what Orbus told us... and watch out for the tape on the bottom too... we've had two returned because it didn't hold...