• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Revealed: Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don't want the government sp

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Although I understand your reasoning and even agree with some of it...... let's play make-believe for a moment.

Years ago, people seemed to have common sense and street smarts. Not so any longer. People are rather stoopid, meek and gullible.

You try telling your wife, you're not going to get a lot of insurance on yourself to save money and the insurance agent, in front of the two of you will say..... don't you love your wife or think enough of her, that if you should perish... God forbid..... don't you want her amply covered ??

Try to get out of that one without paying dearly. Well, that's what the government is doing to the working class paying taxes. They are quilting us into everything so the meek and timid can go around blaming us for their shortcomings ... that the rest of us don't care.
If you spread enough propaganda about anything.... the people will do the work for you in today's mindset.

I hope this is not taken as a political view, but rather a view of our changing society as a whole.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Does that number of yours represent how many attacks or attempts have been thwarted ??

Why would you start at September 11, 2001 ?? I mean, right there...... are thousands of lost lives. We've been under terrorist attacks long before 9/11. That just happened to be the largest and most successful, so unless you're trying to undermine something, you don't delete the largest of all attacks. That would be like forgetting about Pearl Harbor and maybe we shouldn't have entered into the world war at the time.

Since 9/11..... cut me a break. We've got lots to worry about and it ain't just terrorist attacks.... it goes far beyond that, but like everything else, keep us occupied with something frivial and we'll overlook what's really happening to us. :banghead:

CanuckSigns

Does that number of yours represent how many attacks or attempts have been thwarted ??

Why would you start at September 11, 2001 ?? I mean, right there...... are thousands of lost lives. We've been under terrorist attacks long before 9/11. That just happened to be the largest and most successful, so unless you're trying to undermine something, you don't delete the largest of all attacks. That would be like forgetting about Pearl Harbor and maybe we shouldn't have entered into the world war at the time.

Since 9/11..... cut me a break. We've got lots to worry about and it ain't just terrorist attacks.... it goes far beyond that, but like everything else, keep us occupied with something frivial and we'll overlook what's really happening to us. :banghead:

I really don't want to turn this political, but my point is that even if you include the attacks in the last 100 years, the point still stands, you have a greater chance of being killed driving your car, than you do by a terrorist.

Lets say that your insurance company comes out with a terrorism policy that pays your spouse $10 million dollars if you are killed in an act of terrorism, no questions asked. the cost to you is only $50 per month, would you take the policy knowing what your chances are?

that's all i'm arguing, that the amount of money and personal inconvenience we have thrown at the terrorism problem is extremly out of proportion to the actual threat, take a fraction of that money and combat something like drunk driving and you will save so many more lives.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I hope we can all refrain from making this political because I'd hate to have this thread locked down. Our safety should not be based on politics, but our knowledge and ability to act on a known equation.

My point is, the world has changed greatly in the last 50 years or so. When someone farts in China, we hear about it 2 seconds later by some form of modern technology. Technology is a wonderful thing... if kept for good reasons.

Heck, speaking of China, they invented gun powder and used it for some really useful things for centuries. Come along predators and this great invention was turned into deadly use. For every good there is an evil and we'll always have it, but for me, I'd like to keep the evil doers as far away as possible and if that means our soldiers being deployed overseas, that just makes our border that much further away and our homes that much safer. Safety is probably my number one concern. Am I being paranoid ?? Personally, I don't think so, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Chances of being killed by this or that method doesn't really enter the equation, it's the quality of life you are living under that should be your main objective.

Of course I wouldn't take out Terrorist Insurance', because I already have it. I pay into it regularly and so do you and every other tax paying citizen, but all of us.... and many Nations round the world benefit from the United States Military in so many ways and forms. As long as we keep it strong, it will protect us like no one else ever could. It has been the single most effective group of incredible human beings I've ever heard of. I thank them daily for their contributions and sacrifices. I have an American Flag at my house saying this, also. I'm looking for an even bigger one for at our shop. I am 110% proud to be American and want to continue defending our land and keeping the battle-lines off of our soil.

You wanna be safe from drunk drivers or gang warfare.... do something about it and clean up your streets, but don't put the government in charge of that. We created our own drunk drivers and our street gangs out of turning our heads and hoping it would never bother us. well, we can take 'em out, if we stopped being politically correct and taking action against violence. Does it take violence ?? Perhaps, but it will be worth it to have safe streets back again where you can walk up and down window shopping and feel safe like it was 50 years ago. Heck, even 30 years ago.