• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse registration/crop marks?

Ernest Tortuga

So I recently bought a chinese take up unit for my EJ-640 and VS-640i, and a GR-540 for me to print and cut multiple sheets of labels (250pcs at a time). Normally the front crop marks are the first to be printed. But my dilemma is since I have a take up unit now, the front registration marks are on the inside of the roll. So when I transfer them to the GR-540 to cut, the rear cropmarks come first. Is there a way that I can set it up that the end/rear part of the print comes first so that when I transfer the print and unroll it in the GR, the front crop marks roll out first.

Hoping I have explained my dilemma clearly. Hehe thanks!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
When you print to the takeup, laminate to a takeup and reload it, the orientation and order that you printed it in is the same. I'm not sure what I'm the world you are doing or asking to get it all backwards.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
When you print to the takeup, laminate to a takeup and reload it, the orientation and order that you printed it in is the same. I'm not sure what I'm the world you are doing or asking to get it all backwards.

If I understand the OP correctly, he's not laminating. So his marks would be buried on the inside of the core.

To the OP - I don't think (In versaworks anyways) there is a way to solve this. If you were using an aftermarket RIP (like Onyx) you could rotate the cut file afterwards but no such luck with Versaworks.

I'd set up roll holders on a bench in front of your plotter then feed it to the back and spool it up.

Or just roll it all out and re-roll the correct way.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You might find decent laminate is cheaper than fooling with this and you will get a more respectable end product. Substance is 200/roll