• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse the Contour Cut

PrinceL101

I sent the job to print with a contour cut using the bar code. It cut about halfway through the job and then the vinyl got caught and I had to stop it. Is there any way that I can feed this print back through the cutter to cut the remaining half of the print without cutting over what has already been cut? In other words, once it is in production manager how can you reverse the cut order?

MikePro

I sent the job to print with a contour cut using the bar code. It cut about halfway through the job and then the vinyl got caught and I had to stop it. Is there any way that I can feed this print back through the cutter to cut the remaining half of the print without cutting over what has already been cut? In other words, once it is in production manager how can you reverse the cut order?
by default, PM loads the whole file but i select the individual pieces that i've cut already, and hit delete key.
worst case, and tedious af, you can always just remove your blade and watch the cutter go through the already cut pieces and then pause & load tool when its headed to start cutting the one you want

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Erase part of the cut line in Illustrator?
When I am cutting multiple objects and something messes up half way, I will slow down the cut, take out the blade, recut and pause when it gets to where it messed up, put the blade back in and continue..

JBurton

Signtologist
remove your blade and watch the cutter go through the already cut pieces and then pause & load tool when its headed to start cutting the one you want
This was the way we would restart the CNC if a bit broke 20 years ago, then I pointed out we could just delete the already cut parts... It definitely works.

MikePro

maaaaan, it took me 10years to realize there was a proximity restart on my MultiCam CNC.
now i just replace/recalibrate broken bits and start right where i left off.

...wouldn't be surprised if my plotter had that feature and I had always been doing that crappy workaround til i realized i could modify in the output.

JBurton

Signtologist
proximity restart on my MultiCam CNC.
Funny thing on my ancient multicam, it had proximity restart, but you were better off re-doing the program, as it would take like 10 minutes to find the piece of code corresponding to it's location. This machine was installed in 1987, so I imagine anything you had would do it quicker.
The coolest part about linuxcnc when I retrofitted the machine was the ability to click on the vectors (even for multi stepped cuts, you could rotate in 3d to select the right one) in the preview pane and have it highlight the line of code for it, which you could just right click and say 'run from here'. Even my new beastily ShopSabre doesn't have that feature, just 'enter line number to start from'...