• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

reviving a JV3

MikeD

Hello,
I'm about to start using an old JV3 that I've had in storage for many years, and would like to know if anyone has advice. the machine was flushed with solvent before going into storage.
I am planning on replacing the capping station, cleaning the encoder strip, replacing both pumps...
Is there anything else I should do?
thanks for taking the time to read this!

artbot

there's a chance that even though it was flushed you will have problems. maybe. as soon as you get the printer in, start doing a head soak for a couple of days.

MikeD

there's a chance that even though it was flushed you will have problems. maybe. as soon as you get the printer in, start doing a head soak for a couple of days.

Artbot,
do you think that I should do a test draw or immediately start soakin'?

MikeD

what I mean is...is there any way that I could damage the machine just by pluggin it in and trying the test-draw?

Redz Signs Inc.

if you pm me you adress i will donate a super clean used capping station that i have just needs waist lines . but it in perfict condition.

glennp

New dampers for sure and also replace the o-rings under the metal screw cap at the end of the ink lines they are probably dried out by now. Look for leaks at the other end of the ink lines where they connect to the cartridge slots the o-rings on that end may have dried out to.

I recently revived a JV3 that was flushed but unfortunately had to go with all new heads. I found the o-rings to be my only other problem.

artbot

you can't hurt the heads by just plugging them in. keep in mind the heads get hot. so a clogged head that stays clogged gets worse because of the heat. i'd just do a test print and start soaking. also get a small syringe (like for allergy shots), and put a couple of drips into one of the tiny holes at the tip of the manifold nipple.