• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Revolutionary New Way to do Changeable Graphics!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have been working on this material for a very long time and I cant believe its finally ready for sale! Sample boards are available to send out to show you how XBASE works and full rolls are available for sale NOW.

This material is a base material that comes in white or clear and you apply to your wall, window, or board that makes any permanent adhesive vinyl ultra-removable and installable bubble-free. It truly is a first in the industry and will be making a very big impact against the MAGNETIC WALL application being sold today. One roll of XBASE can cover up to 675sq.ft vs. the "magnetic paint" which only covers 10sq.ft if your lucky!

No longer do you need to pay for expensive magnetic receptive media, just print your standard permanent vinyl and install it like magnets at the store level! Once XBASE has been put onto your wall, window, or board you can install and de-install almost as easy as magnetic receptive media but for a fraction of the cost. This material is exclusive to Gans Ink and we have secured a major contract with a 2 gigantic magnetic wall partners who will be using this solution instead of the Magnetic Wall.

The easiest way for me to explain XBASE is that I am turning your wall, window, or board into a giant piece of release liner, anything you put onto it will come off like decal from a release liner. Its brilliant and we have a whole line of XBASE add-on materials coming out which include XPROV: a 13 Mil Layer-able Adhesive Vinyl which allows you to layer your graphics over each other like they do with the magnetic wall.

View attachment XBASE.pdf

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't get it. Why this statement ??

you apply to your wall, window, or board that makes any permanent adhesive vinyl ultra-removable and installable bubble-free

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Is it to be used indoors or outdoors..... or both ??

It has been up outdoors on a wall in Brazil and also in Turkey for over a year so far and it has held up fine. Its geared for indoor applications but really can go anywhere you need changeable graphics. Its not a vinyl so it will not shrink or contract like vinyl would.

The first major order we took was for an account who does changeable A-Frame type displays, the customers client sends in hundreds of the frames every month for a graphic swap and now the customer just sends the graphics and they apply in the store. This client literally saved 10's of thousands of dollars on shipping alone.

Every 10 accounts I show, half of them think of a new application for it. Pretty cool to see actually.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like a good idea for indoor use. My main concern would be, if used outdoors and it's so incredibly easy to change out, it would also be easy to..... just take. One of the biggest obstacles of computer die-cut lettering was the ease at which school students or some delinquent was able to change words or remove letters from these signs. I would think these same type of kids [and even adults] might do the same to an entire sign, if nothing much was holding it on.

Otherwise, sounds like a great product for all kindsa indoor projects...... anyway around my parts.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Interesting. Is the clear "optically clear"? Can you give an example of how the clear would be used?

Thanks.

Interesting is right! This stuff is the coolest stuff I have worked with in like 20 years!

It actually all started with clear, downtown at the local surf shops they are doing full block out wraps on their windows with 3M Controltac every single month so when I first started playing with the idea I wanted to do clear for the window guys. It is not optically clear but does allow light to come through but it really isn't made for any type of optically clear application that I can think of yet. Clear was also a way that someone who has a nice colored wall could still use the color already laid down.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Gotcha. So you would basically block out the whole window with this stuff, then apply full or contour cut graphics as you please?

Wet install for the clear on windows?

Yes sir that is how you would do it. Although I do have a client who just puts a 2'x3' section up on his window and puts his advertisement in that one section only.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Does this require adhesive applied to the print or is it a adhesive itself?

Yes it does require your print to have an adhesive, but now you can use a less expensive permanent solution vs. an expensive "wall" "removable" type adhesive or magnetic receptive media.

ams

Sounds like you laminate the wall and then put your graphics on it. I am concerned with the overenthusiastic and many exclamation marks.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Sounds like a good idea for indoor use. My main concern would be, if used outdoors and it's so incredibly easy to change out, it would also be easy to..... just take. One of the biggest obstacles of computer die-cut lettering was the ease at which school students or some delinquent was able to change words or remove letters from these signs. I would think these same type of kids [and even adults] might do the same to an entire sign, if nothing much was holding it on.

Otherwise, sounds like a great product for all kindsa indoor projects...... anyway around my parts.

Lol yes of course I could understand that, but its the same way with magnetics too so its a push on that subject.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Sounds like you laminate the wall and then put your graphics on it. I am concerned with the overenthusiastic and many exclamation marks.

Yes it is a 2 step process, laminate your wall with XBASE then apply your vinyl over the top. Lol sorry about all the exclamation marks but if you had any idea how much work has gone into this material you would be doing the same thing.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Does it stay on vehicles as an alternative to vehicle magnets?

For a vehicle magnet replacement I would use the iDot material we came out with instead. iDot11.jpg

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
OK, I was hoping it was like a double sided iDot we could sheet Plastic aframes with and send poster prints to change out.

Funny you mention that, I just got finished approving our CLEAR IDOT which on windows gives you real vivid images from both sides. It will be a great material for 2 way window graphics.

ams

Yes it is a 2 step process, laminate your wall with XBASE then apply your vinyl over the top. Lol sorry about all the exclamation marks but if you had any idea how much work has gone into this material you would be doing the same thing.

Just a tip, I wouldn't use "Lol" either. If you took this to the commercial market, that would be unprofessional to use.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck, I don't see a need for it in my shop.

phototec

Yes sir that is how you would do it. Although I do have a client who just puts a 2'x3' section up on his window and puts his advertisement in that one section only.

Where is the link to the YouTube video showing this NEW product in use (applications)?