• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RGB to CMYK Conversion??

Arlo Kalon 2.0

First time I've hit this obstacle:
Only reference I have for a logo color is two RGB sets of numbers for a red and blue. I mean two sets of numbers for each color, because in Photoshop there was a warning about first numbers not being "In Gamut For Printing". A second set of numbers were given that were "In Gamut To Print" (??).

Anyway, I'm rushed for time to get these onto magnetics. Was wondering if anyone could translate this for a CMYK match for the EDGE?

Blue/ "Out of Gamut" numbers / R8, G66, B156
"In Gamut" / R47, G75, B145

Red/ "out of Gamut" numbers / R239, G24, B33
"In Gamut" / R205, G48, B54

I hafta print 'em as Process since I don't have Spots "close enough" for either color too. Thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
Don't have an edge but try these cmyk numbers - they should match pretty close to the out of gamut #s you posted:
Blue - 100cyan,85magenta,5 yellow, 0 black
Red - 100magenta,100 yellow (standard RGB red)

Hope this helps!

Spot Color

Hey I've been there before. I bought a Pantone color bridge guide and life got a whole lot easier right away. I think you can find one on Ebay or from many local suppliers.

Wayne