• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ripping on a MAC - what software you using?

speedmedia

Not any more. Epson heads of all flavors (Mimaki, Roland, Mutoh) and some cutter software too.

Damn good rip.

I downloaded their demo and it only lists Epson printers to install. Another dead end... Darn it!!!!

Anyone else have that issue or a way to resolve it?

Thanks,
Kurt

cgsigns_jamie

Does Fusion support Firewire? I am not married to Parallels I just tried that as an option.

Otherwise in Parallels I am trying to do what you suggested but there is no option for Firewire. I was told Parallels doesn't support firewire. Is this the workaround for this?

Any more info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kurt

I just researched it and, no, Fusion doesn't support FireWire yet either.

Sorry :(

speedmedia

How about installing it with a print server? Anyone have any idea how that is done?

The reason I am going through all of this is because I keep getting error 10 code constantly and am wasting, time, ink and vinyl at a rapid pace. I am sick of it. Needless to say I have tried several different computers, rips, firewire cards and setups, firewire cables everything you can imagine and it keep doing it. I am trying to see if running it on my other computer, which happens to be an Apple, which has a much better Firewire setup than any of my PC's will fix the problem.

I am open to any suggestions otherwise as well if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,
Kurt

johnnysigns

What do you think of Caldera? I am looking at getting the VisualRip+. I was given what I throught was a good price for a RIP. Just trying to decide between that and Onyx.

Sorry, I just saw this. It does the job well for us although we're probably only scratching the surface on what it can do in the hands of someone that really knows how to operate all it's tools. I'm quite happy with it and I came from mainly using Onyx.