• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Robot Sign Spinner...

showcase 66

They would get in trouble here. Sign walkers can not spin, rock, or move the sign in any way as it distracts the motorist. At least that is what the city says. New ordinance that just went to affect a couple months ago. Now they have a Neighborhood Service patrol with the police dept. They pick up the shopping carts and drive around to see if people are getting permits to hang banners and things like that. I have seen them talking to the sign walkers before. Now if you see a Sign walker, usually they are sitting in a lawn chair with an umbrella Reading a book or magazine with the sign propped up against them.

Locals Find!

Where I do I get one. I got a Market for them here.

Tons of bums holding signs around here, would love to replace them with robots so they stop asking me for a buck everytime I pull up to a red light

Craig Sjoquist

Well thats niffty but since its free standing it would not fly here.

Sorry to hear how government controls how a business makes money ..in Az

Well they control it here to but have yet to get after sign spinners which are happening alot more because the city and county want to control everything here also and business want and need to advertise on location.

ProWraps

there is one in lincoln ca. i took a picture of it a while ago but never posted it. i laughed my ass off.

American & Proud

These have been around for at least 25-30 years. Closer to 30.
http://www.gorilla-robot.com/

Gorilla robots a couple of used car lots had these 25-30 years ago when I was a body & fender man/auto painter. 1 of them still had one up until it sold the land for another McDonalds to open up.

So it's an old idea thats been around long before live sign spinners have been.

I think they used to have Clowns as well back then.

Not sure if the link I posted has been around that long, but those robots have.

MikePro

technically, a robotic mannequin... is a sign that should require a permit.
still funny as hell tho'