• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland banding

Tan2020

I have a Roland vg2 640 using tr2 inks. I'm trying to print a black background on a canvas/polyester material however i keep getting lines. Nozzle check is fine, I have done a detailed calibration test, gap adjustment test both of which are fine. Slowed the head down, added 0.5 second (scan interval I think it was) and nothing is working, I've been speaking with Roland for over a week who don't seem to have a clue what it is and I'm getting sooo frustrated! Wasting so much media and ink its making me mad. I have attached photos. Id also like to add that when I do a smaller test print around 30cm it's ok?

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_165227.jpg
    IMG_20210612_165227.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 487
  • IMG_20210607_162918.jpg
    IMG_20210607_162918.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 147

meb

I have a Roland vg2 640 using tr2 inks. I'm trying to print a black background on a canvas/polyester material however i keep getting lines. Nozzle check is fine, I have done a detailed calibration test, gap adjustment test both of which are fine. Slowed the head down, added 0.5 second (scan interval I think it was) and nothing is working, I've been speaking with Roland for over a week who don't seem to have a clue what it is and I'm getting sooo frustrated! Wasting so much media and ink its making me mad. I have attached photos. Id also like to add that when I do a smaller test print around 30cm it's ok?
This may be a mute point but did you try to print using a different profile or resolution?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Try a different type of media.
If it prints good on Gloss or Matte finish vinyl, it could be Static, Temperature or even the head height.

E Coloney

I wonder if you are losing a bunch of black nozzles at the very top or bottom of the head and thus a test print looks fine but in fact, is not. That will cause this banding.