• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN-20 Question

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
From what I understand if you're running TR2 inks, then you're locked out.

EDIT: Turns out I was incorrect and the BN-20 uses Eco-Sol Max and Max 2 inks.

Last edited:

Zoogee World

TR2 is Roland ink, unfortunately they lock you out of the service menu. If you no longer have warranty and are in the US, there was another thread that explained you can contact Roland and advise them they are violating your right to service or something along those lines and they should be able to give you something to give you access without a technician.

EDIT: Disregard as this doesn't apply to this printer.

Last edited:

Jim Hill

TR2 is Roland ink, unfortunately they lock you out of the service menu. If you no longer have warranty and are in the US, there was another thread that explained you can contact Roland and advise them they are violating your right to service or something along those lines and they should be able to give you something to give you access without a technician.

Sorry I am not interested in purchasing another printer that locks you out of service mode.

Thanks Jim

Zoogee World

Are you looking at buying a BN-20, is that why you've asked this question? If you want a Roland that doesn't lock you out of the service menu I think the VS-i models and older would be your only options, so used, not new.

Zoogee World

You're right, not sure why I got confused with that. Guess for some reason I was thinking it took the same ink as the SG.

Last edited:

Zoogee World

I see it takes either Eco-Sol Max or Max 2 inks, which should mean there is a chance that you aren't locked out of the service menu?

netsol

Sorry I am not interested in purchasing another printer that locks you out of service mode.

Thanks Jim
jim
in much the same way the older rolands were upgraded, with a firmware flash and a flush of existing inks,
the newer machines, either come with TR2 inks or can be upgraded. there are advantages to the new inks, but, the firmware upgrade "locks you out" of service mode.

Jim Hill

Are you looking at buying a BN-20, is that why you've asked this question? If you want a Roland that doesn't lock you out of the service menu I think the VS-i models and older would be your only options, so used, not new.
I just sold my SP300-V which I had converted to run on windows 10

I was just wondering if the BN-20 worked the same as other new printers. I really have no use right now for buying another printer.

cornholio

BN-20 needs a service app since it has no display or keypad.
This has been this way since the introductin of the BN-20.
The ink used can be EcoMax, EcoMax2, FPG or in Europe also EcoMax3. (I would suggest using EcoMax2 for maximum printhead life)