• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland C60 motor going out?

AD&M

My "New" old Roland C60 started acting up today. The motor that moves the head from side to side started making noise and now it isnt in registration anymore. It starts out OK but my the end of a 7x7 inch detailed cut it gets all out of register.

I used the arrow keys to move the head back and forth. It makes it to one side then whines and does not move. I pulled the side cover off and confirmed that the motor isnt spinning. How much are these motors?

I am bummed. I was ripped off buying this thing and now the insult of insults...its breaking down?

Can you confirm whats going on here? Is it something else?

Mike

Techman

stepper motor going bad..
Just get another one and your good to go..
They cheap if you can find one.

Or is the pully slipping on the shaft? Tighten pulley and your good..

AD&M

Well... I took the motor out and opened it up. The shaft seems to be pressed into the gear. I tried holding one end of the shaft with pliers and twisting the gear on the other. It didnt move. Looked inside the motor for anything obvious... nothing. Put it all back together and tightened everything down. Tried moving the head back and forth to make the problem occur again. I used the arrow buttons....back and forth for about 3 minutes straight and....nothing. So I am not sure if its fixed or not. I guess I will waste some more vinyl and see :) Thanks for your help. I cannot seem to find a supplier for this motor. Sanyo Denki Stepping motor. Type 103-593-3041

I will test it tomorrow again and see what happens

Techman

loose connection.. How many wires are coming out of that motor? There is some for power and some for the steps.. .