• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Camm-1 cm-24

bighun

Just got this cutter and not sure if it is working right. :help:

Here's what it does:
I turn it on, press Setup, this then moves the blade along the vinyl to determine it's length and then goes to the origin point.

It goes almost the full length, then returns to an origin point about 7inchs before the end of the vinyl. The total length I can move the blade along 24inch vinyl is about 13 inchs.

I know how to change an origin point but it will not let me go any closer to the right then it already has. Or any further left than 2-3 inchs from the end of the track.

Anyone know what my problem is?

I am using Flexi Pro 7.6, Xp PC and the serial port. (though none of this should matter)

Thank you.

bighun

Found the answer

OK, this will be obvious to those using a Roland. This is my first.

I had the pinch rollers set too close. Apparently, the cutter reads the width of the vinyl by the rollers location, so, it only cuts between the rollers.

I know the rollers go at the edges but my last cutter was so sh**** that it would always go off track, so I always set the rollers closer in.

By, the way, I got a great cutter for sale. LOL