• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CutContour help requested

PixelGrafix

I have been using Illustrator to create my art and have loaded in the VersaWorks CutContour. i make my image, then i make the outline and place it in the back with a fill of none, stroke is CutContour. When i bring it to the Roland I don't get the marching red ants that usually indicate the cut line. I've done it before, but this project refuses to cooperate. Any suggestions to my dilema? Thanks so much for any insight.
Mary

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 8.11.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 8.11.41 AM.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 297

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Are you saving as an .eps file? If so does the "Custom" dialog appear as clickable? If that is the case then make sue "Convert Strokes to Outlines" is not checked. If that doesn't work try placing the Cut Paths on their own layer.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 9.56.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 9.56.08 AM.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 10.01.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 10.01.51 AM.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 259

rjssigns

Behrmon is spot on.

Here is what we do:

Always have CutContour on its own layer. CutContour layer is always at the top. All files get saved as press quality PDF's.

If you do that and don't see the "marching ants" open your press quality PDF in Acrobat and burn a PostScript file. Works 99 times out of a hundred.

toomeycustoms

Another thing to check is make sure to "Flatten Transparency" under the object menu. If you imported a png or sometimes with special effects, it will cause Versaworks to not recognize the cut/perf contour. Just make sure you don't have the cutcontour path selected when you choose flatten transparency.

PixelGrafix

So grateful for this forum

Thank you all for helping me - was able to print the labels and cut them - all in same day! Thanks for the gracious and generous kindness extended to a newbie~

Mary