• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Cx-24 Plotter And Corel

MichaelAlmand

Hello

I have heard that you can cut directly from corel draw to a camm1 cx-24 plotter.

I am having troubles with it It sends the information but it doesnt cut. I have windows 98 with signmate 6.5 and I really need to get rid of the windows 95 computer for room I can't afford to spend a bunch of money on a upgrade. I was hoping that versaworks would help but apparently this machine is older then the GX, Or should I just cut everything from my sp540 I would hate to be in the middle of a print and needed to cut something we all know how slow those printers are.

Well thats the end of that chapter hope it makes sense any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mike

MichaelAlmand

Thank you ciber supply

I cannot get it to go through versaworks because it keeps asking me for a IP when it is a serial port that is connected to the plotter.

I appreciate the help Happy Holidays

S

Scottyjr

I cut from Corel x4 to a Roland Camm1 24" plotter/cutter without any intermediate software. I remember when I first connected it that it wouldn't do anything with the files I sent. It had something to do with the way the port was set up. Being confused about port configurations, I probably just stumbled onto the right setup;I don't know what I did. I am on Vista now but had it running on XP too. If there is a specific place on my system you know of where I can look, I'll be gald to help. I also dicovered that all that the plotter wants from Draw is to have lines to be cut set to hairline outline and that my cutter doesn't like it when any lines are crossed. - Scotty

Air Art Girl

I can cut straight from X3 to a GX-24. Running XP. I just choose it as a printer option, make adjustments in the printer properties and send. Make sure it is added as a printer with the proper driver and try again

Cadmn

U need a Parallel port or a specific serial cable from roland but I have cut from Corel for many years now but use parallel

scopub

Hello!
During 8 years we cut straight from corel 8, 11 , x3 with CX24.
At the beginning of the year we change to a GX 24 and now we have a lot of problem with cut.
The plotter forget letters or world when it's bigger and not a text but nodal point.
This begin a real problem for us!
Do you have an idea?