• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland cx300

signrios

what would be a good price for a fairly used roland cx300 its a 30" plotter
i'm thinking of adding it to my other roland cm24

thanks

FatCat

FWIW - just sold mine to another signs101 member for $1500. I've seen them go anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 depending on age and condition. If they're in good working order they are fantastic machines and worth every penny. 10X the machine of any of those cheap $500 chinese cutters.

I'd be leery if you're looking on ebay or out of state. Hard to know condition of machine, or how hard its been used without an inspection. I would want some kind of guarantee from the seller.

Also, realize (if you're buying one that needs shipped) these machines with stand weigh a little more than 100 lbs. and need to be boxed very carefully because they are delicate machines. So you're probably looking at $150 at least just for the shipping charges plus hoping whomever ships it packs it properly.

FatCat

i won the bid for $735
according to the seller its in great condition, we'll see.

Just searched on ebay and found your item.

Not to rain on your parade, but SEVERAL things bother me...

-First, this person has NO IDEA what this machine does or what it is for.
How would they know what condition its in or how to verify said condition? It worries me that there isn't a picture of it powered on with the screen lit up. (BTW - in the pics it looks VERY dusty.)

-They say that they took it on payment of a debt??? Why would they accept it for payment of a debt, (especially not knowing what it is) only to let it sit in their basement for a year before trying to sell it?

-One last thing, they quote shipping as $39. They're going to get the shock of their life when they ship this 100+ pound behemoth. Plus, since they don't know what this machine is, or what it does - they probably don't realize how delicate it is. I'd be worried sick about the packing job, plus hoping UPS or FedEx won't drop the thing or crush it.

I truly wish you the best of luck on this - if everything arrives safely I'd hire a Roland technician to come out and give it a service call, to make sure everything is ship shape.
If it works, you got the deal of a lifetime.

If not....:banghead: :doh:

signrios

if everything arrives safely I'd hire a Roland technician to come out and give it a service call
thats what i was thinking, according to him it powers up. i guess a good sign.
i told him i was gonna add more to the shipping charges so he could pack it real good before shipping it.
wish me luck!!
worst case i'll send it to roland to get it updated $700 seems like a good price to me
thanks for you help and concerns.