• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Fj-52 too much ink in Pump Bottle..

anozira02

Just replaced the ink pump, dampers, capping station in my Roland Fj-52 and noticed there was a lot of ink in the pump jar. is this normal during replacement of these parts? This is my first time for replacing these ink parts! I need some advice !

BobbyFosson

Simply replacing these parts and then running a few cleans to prime the pump and dampers, no. I would expect there to be 20-30 ml but not much more than that... maybe 3/16"-1/2" of ink in the bottle.

When you say "alot" how much of the jar is filled, 1/2, 3/4 ??

sfr table hockey

Did you do a pump up by any chance after to get the dampers filled?

A pump up runs for a timed period and will waste a pile of ink.

anozira02

Simply replacing these parts and then running a few cleans to prime the pump and dampers, no. I would expect there to be 20-30 ml but not much more than that... maybe 3/16"-1/2" of ink in the bottle.

When you say "alot" how much of the jar is filled, 1/2, 3/4 ??

Had close to 2 ounces in the jar...

anozira02

Did you do a pump up by any chance after to get the dampers filled?

A pump up runs for a timed period and will waste a pile of ink.

No pump up..... haven't even turned on the printer yet, however the black ink line was unplugged from the damper for a few days.

sfr table hockey

If one line was off the damper it might have let enough air into the print head to cause a drain on the other colors. I know in the past when I had taken a damper off the print head and moved the heads off the capping station that the heads would drip. I am not sure how much they would have dripped if left un capped.

I can't see just the ink in the head (black only) being 2 oz so it must draw on the other two (c and M) and cause them to drain as well.

So I would say it had to do with the damper being removed from the head.