• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland for making pounce patterns.

Salmoneye

Anyone know if there is a pounce wheel or function that works well for making pounce patterns on a xc-540? If not I will just print patterns and pounce on a table but It would save some time if there is an attachment that works well.

OldPaint

any POUNCE plotters ive ever seen, are slow!! you can draw it out on paper with a pen, pounce it with a wheel FASTER!!!!

Colin

What OP said. Draw it in reverse, and pounce by hand while the paper is placed over a piece of rigid insulation foam.

Colin

Because after you pounce it (on the reverse image) you then flip it over and give it a light sand by hand with about 120 grit. This removes the tiny little "mountains" of paper, and leaves you with the proper "holes" that you want for the powder to go through, and results in a better pounced image.

Salmoneye

I knew about sanding the back, I just thought that you would print pattern normally and pounce, flip over and sand the back. I guess that the holes work better with the sanded part facing away from the substrate? Thanks Colin

Jillbeans

My 4B was the absolute best plotter for making pounce patterns and I still have it hooked up in my garage. I always just reversed the layout then plotted, no need for sanding.
With the Graphtec I pen plotted then hand-cut my last patterns with a pounce wheel (they do come in various sizes) and to be honest it sucked in comparison to the 4B patterns.
I was told Graphtec does have a pounce attachment, which is one of the reasons I bought it, but have never been able to find one.
Love....Jill

OldPaint

back before i had a plotter, i had a WIDE CARRIAGE 9 PIN TRACTOR FEED PRINTER. wife worked at a place that used the same 2 tone green lined paper and she would bring me the old runs that was 3-4" thick. i put em in the printer backside facing print side, and make pounce patterns on 14" wide paper, and then i would tape them together to get 30-40" tall patterns.

sardocs

+1 for the ElectroPounce. I can pounce tiny pinstripe designs with real tight curves and scrolls and large graphics go really fast.