• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland gx-24 not contour cutting

wrafixx

hello, I just tried to contour cut with our roland gx-24.
it does recognizes the three registration marks, (most people have trouble here) but then after it reads the 3rd it just comes back to origin and does nothing, it does the same if I send a blank page to contour cut, only reads the marks and comes back to a stop.

I would appreciate any help.

I'm using the newest version of cut studio.
thanks

Mike_Koval

there is a button under printing set-up that reads "fit into shared area for print and cut"...it may not be exact but something along those lines.

Be sure to click that before sending to your printer. If you do not see that button, update cutstudio to it's latest version. This should fix you right up.

wrafixx

there is a button under printing set-up that reads "fit into shared area for print and cut"...it may not be exact but something along those lines.

Be sure to click that before sending to your printer. If you do not see that button, update cutstudio to it's latest version. This should fix you right up.

thanks, but I also did that already and nothing happened.
still just doing the same

round man

I'm not sure here but from what I can see from the video it looks like there isn't much material behind the actual cut,..it may be a sensor thinking there is not enough vinyl there to cut,..have you tried doing the same job and maybe taping some extra material to the back side of the cut so the plotter doesn't think it is going to run out of media?

wrafixx

I'm not sure here but from what I can see from the video it looks like there isn't much material behind the actual cut,..it may be a sensor thinking there is not enough vinyl there to cut,..have you tried doing the same job and maybe taping some extra material to the back side of the cut so the plotter doesn't think it is going to run out of media?

I haven't tried that, let me see right now what it does.

thanks

wrafixx

ok, still does just the same.
it's really frustrating, tech support is trying to help me also but still no luck.

Jack Knight1979

the only thing I can think of is that your roland cut software is not jiving with the registration marks on the material.

I have had this problem before on my GX500. It was because the cut program shifted the size and the cutter couldn't zero it out and start cutting.

Have you tried a totally new job?

Welder.man

Just check the cut line is there I once had the same problem as I had accidentally deleted the cut line or maybe just forgot to put it there but my cutter did the same as yours is doing.