• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Gx-300 Questions-need To Purchase A New Plotter.

calliegraphics

Premium Subscriber
I was hoping someone could tell me where the Roland GX-300 plotters are currently made? I'm hoping still in Japan?

My 3 year old Graphtec CE-6000 (made in China....argghhhh) just went out. Apparently, the main board is shot already. This seems rather poor quality to me. My Roland SP-300V has been going strong for 15 years now (besides regular maintenance of course). My old Anagraph plotter lasted for over well over 15 years. Seems odd to need repairs on a 3 year old unit. Specially since I'll have to spend about $700 to have someone else fix something that I can easily do myself if they'd just sell me the parts and let me know how to calibrate it.

I of course am open to other options as well. We probably cut on our plotter for about 3 hours non-stop each day. We need something reliable and I'm more than willing to spend good money on a unit that will last me many years. I'm not familiar with other brands, but am open to anything. Any guidance/comments would be much appreciated.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello Calliegraphics,

I am not sure if you have looked at one of our SummaCut Series models, but it would definitely be a reliable alternative to your Graphtec that just went out. Our machines are manufactured in Belgium and typically last 10+ years, even with daily use. Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional information on our SummaCut models and I would be happy to provide any information that might be helpful. I can be reached via email at philj@summa.us or by phone at (800)527-7778, ext 112.

Best of luck with your plotter shopping and hopefully we will hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.