• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Ink Scam?

ams

I cut the tabs on the inks and that gives me maximum, but as for ml missing from it when manufactured, can't help you there.

TomNJ

Guess it's just me, but for the many $1,000's of dollars we make on a 440 cartridge, I tend to think we did well. If I'm gonna dispute an ounce or two and get all upset about it, then it's time to take a job at a tanning salon handing out towels or sunglasses.

Just imagine...... that maybe what 4pcs 4'x 8's you got gypped on ?? If you're pricing your stuff right, those numbers don't mean squat to the average shop from 2 or 3 printers up to maybe 6 or so. Not until you get up to using gallons a day in a large facility will those numbers affect anything.

Amen. After I get done weighing my ink, I'm going to count the sheets of toilet paper on each roll. After all, you need to control costs and make sure your getting what you pay for.

dgerb

My ink cost per area is less than 1/10 of my cheapest media for a finished good. Ink doesn't show up on my cost pareto. Even if I double my cartridge cost, it is less than my cheap media. If ink cost is that much of a concern in your shop, I suspect some "helpful" employee is running a power clean before and after each job, and perhaps scheduling a few power cleans over night as well. How much ink is in your waste tank? Or you're spending too much time up close with the ink in a confined space and have some mad printer syndrome going on.

warcroft

Amen. After I get done weighing my ink, I'm going to count the sheets of toilet paper on each roll. After all, you need to control costs and make sure your getting what you pay for.
I never once made reference to my costs.
But I do believe if a customer orders a quantity of a product then they should get what they ordered. Especially if its written on the box.
"After all, need to make sure your getting what you pay for."

TomNJ

I never once made reference to my costs.
But I do believe if a customer orders a quantity of a product then they should get what they ordered. Especially if its written on the box.
"After all, need to make sure your getting what you pay for."

I was just being lighthearted, but I see you have no sense of humor. I would hazard a guess that Roland is giving you exactly what they say especially when weights and measures are involved. They would be subject to lawsuits not to mention a PR nightmare if they were "cheating" the public as you are implying. Your attempt to measure the contents is most likely not accurate and I would bet the ranch that the contents are precisely what they are suppose to be. Anyway, best of luck to you in your endeavors.

phototec

The way the cartridge tells the machine that it is empty is a little plastic flag pops out and pushes a little lever. That flag will move in and out depending on the angle of the cartridge as well so if your machine is not perfectly level, it can cause the cartridge to flag the machine early. I am willing to bet that your machine tilts slightly towards the back of the machine which causes the ink to flow to the back of the cartridge and the flag pops out.

Good info!

So, how does the printer (SP-540V) know the different levels of ink as the cartridges are used that it shows on the display?

warcroft

I was just being lighthearted, but I see you have no sense of humor. I would hazard a guess that Roland is giving you exactly what they say especially when weights and measures are involved. They would be subject to lawsuits not to mention a PR nightmare if they were "cheating" the public as you are implying. Your attempt to measure the contents is most likely not accurate and I would bet the ranch that the contents are precisely what they are suppose to be. Anyway, best of luck to you in your endeavors.
No you wern't. You were being a dick.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't you think, if you are complaining about not getting your full amount of ink for what you pay for it...... you are complaining about pricing ??

No one's being a d!ck, not even you, but trying to micro-analyize such a trivial part of the overall whole equation seems senseless.

If I buy something for $150. and make $19,000 with it and you buy the same thing for $150. and make $18,000 with it....... is there really a problem with that ?? You just need to perhaps adjust your costs and stop worrying about pennies and look at your bottomline.

For the guy who hasta buy a cartridge once a month or every other month, to save a few dollars will mean something, but not anyone going through this sh!t every coupla days. It's all about volume.

Johnny Best

We buy Costco bulk now.
costco.jpg

JasonMeisnerSTS

For the most part, there will always be some ink left in each cartridge due to the fact you want the cartridge to cut off before air can get sucked into the lines which can cause way more issues than a few ml of ink. I'd love the chance to sell you our Roland replacement for $75 which will make the numbers turn in your favor. We manufacture our inks here in the States and offer a true OEM replacement product.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For the most part, there will always be some ink left in each cartridge due to the fact you want the cartridge to cut off before air can get sucked into the lines which can cause way more issues than a few ml of ink. I'd love the chance to sell you our Roland replacement for $75 which will make the numbers turn in your favor. We manufacture our inks here in the States and offer a true OEM replacement product.

So, how can you offer a a true OEM replacement ?? Isn't that kinda an oxymoron ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One never knows what lurks in the mind of the......................................... Gino

JasonMeisnerSTS

So, how can you offer a a true OEM replacement ?? Isn't that kinda an oxymoron ??

OEM replacement is meant to reflect the quality of the ink as when someone says 3rd party, the general thought process is that the ink is of lower quality which is not accurate in reference to the Roland replacement inks AKA OEM replacement. I hope that helps.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
OEM replacement is meant to reflect the quality of the ink as when someone says 3rd party, the general thought process is that the ink is of lower quality which is not accurate in reference to the Roland replacement inks AKA OEM replacement. I hope that helps.

Well, not really. I didn't ask for general thought processes, but is it truly just like the OEM as you mentioned earlier ??

JasonMeisnerSTS

You are correct in terms of our product performing just like the OEM; If you would like to test out the inks, just direct message me and we can get you setup. Our Roland replacement inks are our bread and butter and as I sell mostly through distribution channels, I typically have a dealer run OEM in one printer and ours in the other to see a true apples to apples comparison.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I assume you run your print vinyl down to the last inch, never throwing away any leftover ends, huh?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You are correct in terms of our product performing just like the OEM; If you would like to test out the inks, just direct message me and we can get you setup. Our Roland replacement inks are our bread and butter and as I sell mostly through distribution channels, I typically have a dealer run OEM in one printer and ours in the other to see a true apples to apples comparison.

Hmmm...... we seem to be having a problem in comprehension on someone's part, here.
I'm not saying I want to try your inks. You made a bold statement that your inks are TRUE OEM replacements. I asked is that in every sense of the word T R U E and OEM ??

Don't be trying to sell me something, until you can tell me if your inks are exactly like OEM or what ??

So, we'll try this again. Are your inks truly OEM replacements in every respect of the word ?? Not output, but the ink itself.

Johnny Best

My mother use to pour water in the near empty ketsup bottle and shake it to get every last drop out of it. She was Scottish.