• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Lef2-200 vs Mimaki UJF-6042MKII

Luukratief

Hi there, we are laserengravers / lasercutters that mainly do acrylic items.

We now want to expand to UV led for our items, but we have no experience in this (even though we are fast learners and tech savvy ;) ).

Our research narrowed our needs down to these 2 machines:
Mimaki UJF-6042MKII
and
Roland LEF2-200

I'm curious what the more experienced flatbed UV users would choose here.

My research says that Mimaki is the better pick because of their white quality and speed (slightly), but on the other hand roland has way better support (we value that given we had much trouble with our laser machines and always received top notch support so we respect that value highly) + roland seems to be easier to handle (software and hardware wise).

Curious what you guys would pick.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If I was going down that path, for me it would probably come down to what I was planning on printing. Roland is capable of slightly higher resolution, but the Mimaki has a wider/ longer/ higher print area, and 8 colors max to hit a wider color gamut vs Roland's 6. I'm a fan of both companies, but with the extra flexibility of the larger bed size, broader color range with the Lc Lm, plus the bottled ink instead of cartriges, with a very little sacrifice on max resolution, I'd probably lean in the Mimaki direction. But that's just me.