• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question roland media clamps

netsol

Premium Subscriber
since i have never used one,

WHAT THE HELL DO THE ROLAND MEDIA CLAMPS for my sc545-ex attach to?

i have repaired dozens of roland machines, but, every now and then i see something i just don't get the point of. are they supposed to catch in the grooves in the direction the carriage moves?

i have the user manual and the service manual, but whoever wrote it assumed no one could be stupid enough to need a detailed description of how they snap in

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am printing on a roll of diamond digital photo 8 paper and it seems i would have to beat it with my 4 pound sledge hammer to make it lay flat

i know there was a set of media clamps stored in the left side of the roland that i have so far never touched. perhaps they should just go back where i found them

whoever designed them must have decided you need metal clips to get a good head strike.

Joe House

Are you sure those go with that machine? I don't see them listed at all for that model. The SC545EX was from before my time. Can you post a picture of the guides you have?

ChicagoGraphics

Not sure about the Rolands but on my Mimaki the guides went into the groove on the platten and there was a screw when tighten would lock in but was moveable

garyroy

Netsol, not sure about your particular model but my Roland has a clearly marked opening for the place to insert the media clamp.
(see attached pic), it's right behind the front heater platen.
The clamp then slides back and forth on the rail.

Attachments

• Media clamp opening.jpg
    Media clamp opening.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 57

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I had a Roland VP and a Roland VS and the clamps are different, they connected to a white clip that would slide with the wheels on the far left and far right sides. But I would assume those 2 white pins have something to do with the way they attach!?

Joe House

I think those clip on to the bed, not the rail. Later models had clip that slid on the rail that you attached the edge guides to. Newest models have gone back to the edge guides that mount on the bed.