• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC 12 Color Cam

gvgraphics

Well.................................
Do you have a boat? I hear they make good anchors!

Yes it is old, also many issues from what I have been told.

Bulldog1929

:thankyou: for your answer. Guess that answered my question. Since, I'm new at this, I do not want to buy a "boat anchor":wink: Oh, if anyone's interested, it's listed on daBay for 800.00 if I recall correctly.
I just hada hunch, it was useless. Yes, I did do a search here, but this model didn't come up, even though I thought that I'd previouxly read it was an albertross.
Mike:Coffee:

njsigns

Is this an ancient Roland?

Yes.

And, would it be worth buying?

It depends on who you ask, and if it's working. I've personally owned one, and it did what I wanted it to do - and it made me money. I"ll tell you though, I made my decision to buy one based on the fact that I was previously using Alps printers, so it was comfortable for me. It was pretty much like owning an Alps that could cut.

The key really (in my opinion), if you're going to get one, would be to make sure it's working and not banding at all. If it needs to have the head replaced because of banding I'd say pass on it. Simply not worth the effort or money (again in my opinion) to fix one of these, unless it's free and you can fix it cheap. In that case I'd then sell it on eBay and put a down payment on a solvent machine.

This machine won't be the most profitable for you - if you go after the same market that is currently being fed by solvent machines. There is a lot of stuff you can do with a thermal machine that can't be done with a solvent, like print foils. It's expensive to run but if you use the machine wisely I think it can pay off or at least pay for itself quickly. I have to admit I really like thermal technology - I think the next printer I buy might be a thermal.

Gene