• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC-600

Replicator

Welcome . . . good luck with the easter egg hunt
61424796.gif

davetrostle

I've tried to go to Rolands DG forums but it doesn't let me. I have a roll of Clear Focus' JetVue which is coated. Will the PC-600 print on this? I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Last edited:

TNT

I am not sure of the media you are using, so I cant say for sure. One thing I know is that the PC600 will print on about anything. Chrome, reflective or window perf.. Try a test print and see how it turns out.

Jackpine

I've tried to go to Rolands DG forums but it doesn't let me. I have a roll of Clear Focus' JetVue which is coated. Will the PC-600 print on this? I'd hate to see it go to waste.

When I had a 600 and did window perf, I printed on clear laminate and laminated it on the perf then laminated that. I know that is 3 layers, but printing on a smooth surface seem to make more sense.

Sign Works

I too printed once on window perf film with my PC-600 and was not happy with the results, unlike an inkjet where the inks are forced into the recesses of the holes the thermal resin printer only lays ink (resin) on the flat surface of the vinyl leaving the white recesses of each hole visible which was way too distracting on the final print, I found that printing on clear vinyl and applying that to the window perf film gave a much nicer looking final product.

davetrostle

I want to do reverse printing on static cling perf for interior mount applications. I guess I'll find out if the PC-600 can print on the coated media I currently have once I source a machine to try it on.