• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Pc-600

vinylbarry

Hello,
I have a roland pc 600 just aquried and before you say anything (i have read alot on the forum about this machine) I really like it already for printing small decals warning decals, hard hat decals and other small items also have played with it on static cling I know its a older machine and it has had its problems but it has a new head and some other new parts.

So my question is can it print on reflective if so what grade???? also wil lit reflect through if it can?

synergy_jim

Call Trim USA and have them get you their accucut printable reflective.

Its the most conformable easy to work with printable reflective I have ever seen. And Yes your pc-600 will print on it just fine...

Sign Works

Yes it can print on reflective although most users prefered to print on clear and apply that over the reflective, if you do print directly to the reflective vinyl just make sure it is a smooth media, anything rough or abrasive will destroy the print head, also yes it will be reflective through the print as the prints are semi transparent.

Make sure you are fully aware of the proper head cleaning procedure for this machine, without this process being used your print head will not last long at all.

vinylbarry

Thanks,
I am have been cleaning it with soft swabs from N-Glantz they said they could be used for it also 70% alcohol on it does that sound right seem it cleans it good?

vinylbarry

Hey guys is there a site or a place to find the best meterials for this machine to print on?
I am a member of the roland support group but its not a real busy place.

What is the brand of clear to print on?

I know mactac and oracal 651 or good vinyls to print on but just learning with this machine
and any info you guys can share would be great.

Jackpine

You can print on Shinerite from Fellers or GT from H&H with great results. I never liked the MacTac vinyl that Roland recommends. Make sure the vinyl has a smooth surface or as Sign Works said you will ruin the head in no time. Dust is no good a PNC600. Try to find a "hard felt" cleaning pen and use 91% alcohol. Clean the print head after EACH print file you run before the print head has a chance to cool.

synergy_jim

dude...

just listen to me.... Trim USA's reflective prints like a dream. We just did a 2000 decal job for a customer on it. We printed it, laminated w/ a cast lam, and then contour cut them all.

Why would you want to print to clear and laminate to the reflective if you can eliminate that step.

But to each his own I guess.... I was just trying to save a fellow sign maker some time and money...

vinylbarry

Jim thank you and I have been looking into trim usa stuff and thats the way I am going to try dont like extra steps so thanks for the info I was just wanting to know about the clear also cause there might be a project that comes up for it also.
Thanks all