• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC60

Sinkers

Can anyone give me any info about this printer? eg. Age, problems, are parts and inks still available? Can these be used to print outdoor quality.

BobM

I've have one a bought used 3 years ago. It has a new print head ($850) and servo motor ($275). I use it for emergency jobs and once in a while I will print out a sample job. It is a good machine, just old technogly. I use Merchant Members on this site for my printing needs.

signguy 55

Bought one back in '99, never have made any real money with it. Very expensive to run, slow, had to replace print head after a couple of years, mine now has another bad print head. I'm just keeping it for a backup plotter when my old Roland 960 dies. Technology has evolved tremendously since then, I'm sure you could still get the old ribbons. Quality of prints were good when I used it, ran it using Flexisign.

Signguy 55

encadtech

The PC60 is ribbon based printer. It uses both wax and thermal ink cartridges. The cost to print is about 8 cents a square inch - $1.15 sq / ft. It will cut / print up to 24" widths. It is a good solution for printing spot whites and foil colors like gold and silver. IMO -Because the cost to print is higher than an average solvent/inkjet - it is truely aimed at being a decal machine - The heads on these machine are vulnerable to being scratched and damaged by dirt / particles on the media you are printing on. I would not run this printer in a dusty production space - it needs to be in a controlled print room or office. The machine itself works very well. Last time I checked new head cost is $600.00 + install.