• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC-1000

DPMmx

Hello, recently purchased a Roland PNC-1000, I am however without the owner's manual. What is the proper media setting for cutting 15" wide vinyl?
[FREE-X] [FREE-Y] etc...
Thanks in advance.

Jackpine

Pnc1000

I had a cutter like that. It is a 20" cutter and can cut 18.5". You have to remove a set screw ( if it hasn't already been done) under the top cover to release the pinch roller on the left so it can move. that allows you to use 15" an 20" vinyl and cut scraps.I had it connected by serial port and change the settings to landscape at the command center ( on the right front if the cutter). At the Roland user forum there are users who have printed the manual and offer it to others. I never really used the manual. Once it was set up .....I just cut vinyl and did that for many years. It was a good workhorse cutter. Only changed cutting strips and blades.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
HI, email me if you'd like the manual- I have it as a pdf.
However, I've run our camm-1 for years without the manual, and the answers to a lot of problems are not in it, nor are they at Roland, but you might likely find them here!

If plotting from Win XP, use Free Y, if plotting from Win98se use Exand X instead. Set Mode=2.
Plot directly from Corel, after hairlining the text.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Jay-Groh/The Force...
every time I try to email you, it comes back as undeliverable, or 'not set up to receive emails'...I have tried two avenues to contact you....

I'm not going to try anymore- email me if you have a better solution for how I can contact you....

Taurusndixie

PNC 1000, best cutter ever made. Once set up has run 13 years with no problems.
Have a new GX-24, hate it, bells whistles and crap no one needs.

theforce

Ian Stewart-Koster said:
Jay-Groh/The Force...
every time I try to email you, it comes back as undeliverable, or 'not set up to receive emails'...I have tried two avenues to contact you....

I'm not going to try anymore- email me if you have a better solution for how I can contact you....
I sent you a PM with another address to try. Dont know if the last address was wrong or not but the one I gave you this time should defiantly work. If someone has this and has high speed internet could you please send me a copy? I'm sure that would help out Ian Stewart-Koster.

THATgirl

I have a roland PNC 1000 too... used it almost daily since 1989. I got a GRC 61 from a friend who went out of the sign business. I have began to use the GRC as my roland is getting old and I wanted to make sure my GRC worked. It works. When it wants to. signwarehouse sucks...they basically are no help at all. Can't get the GRC force to stay at a lower setting. I will take my roland any day eventhough it is slow and noisy.