• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC 1200 camm1 looking to buy first time:

Streamline

Hello all;

Just wanted to see what your opinions are on the Roland PNC 1200 camm1 that I found for sell at $500.00. Seller says its in good condition. Im not sure how old this model would be?

This would be my first Roland cutter and only my second cutter I have owned I have been using a small 12" US Cutter that I traded a tee shirt job for and it has been doing good for me but im wanting to get a larger cutter and I was looking at the 34" US Cutter because of my budget at this time. But I know a Roland would be a much better choice this one is only a 24" but I would think it would do most projects.

Anyway would this be a good Roland model to start with. And is there any trouble signs I should look for before I purchase it. I know any time you purchase used there is always a chance of problems.

Lastly m using windows 7 is this roland compadable? also im using Corel X4 and a friends Flexi 8 would there be any problems using these?

Thanks again for any help!
Bobby
:signs101::U Rock:

Fitch

Not so sure about the operating system or whether a patch is available... BUT

I have only run 1 plotter and has NEVER failed. Sturdy as and just keeps going - done a LOT of work.

I purchased it in 1996 so 15 years later and she still cuts as acurate as anything I've seen since.

Good luck - $500 seems like a great buy if it works.

Cheers - G

The Equipment Guy

I think you are fine with that setup, it sounds like the Camm 1 setup we have on a used machine at the shop. The unit impresses me, I would think you could do worse.

Craig

OldPaint

PNC-1200, 24"???? HUMMMMM. thought it was bigger then 24". i have had nothing but ROLANDS..............iam on #4!!!! only reason i had that many is because of size upgrades.
i had a PNC-1000 for years. was good for 15", 18" & 20" vinyl only. i needed a 24" machine and i bought 2 PNC-1100. the only reason i upgraded from them was i got a chance to buy a CX-300(30" capable) at a great price. so you will never go wrong with a roland.