• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland printer cutter

scooternalberta

hello again ,
im a still looking for a used roland printer cutter pc60 or pc600
i did find a refurbished cammjet cj-60,i do not know if that is a good unit or not
sorry to repost about this but nobody responded to my last post ,of my other thread,mabey you are all sick of my stupid questions.i do appreciate all help
thanks agaion scott

scooternalberta

one more thing ,do you guys think this LC-100K Brady Graphics Pro would be any good
for hard hat decals and such,even if i had something good enough to do small decals that would get me through till i find a used roland

Barry

The LC-100K just looks like a small label printer. I can't even find any where that sells the supplies for the thing. Im betting that ribons and vinyl for that thing are quite expensive and probably are not that durable. I personally wouldnt waste $500 on that machine.

Honestly your best bet would be to look for a used gerber edge. I see them for sale every so often. Its going to be a bit more than $500, but it will be worth it.

sunco

For small decals, or any 8.5x11 print, you can use an alps thermal md printer. You have to laminate the prints, but they hold up outside very well. It is the same process that roland uses. only smaller. You cant buy new, but ebay has them all the time, and the ink ribbons. on Ebay look under alps printer, and look for any md printer. Also citizen printiva printers are the same thing. I got mine delivered for a total of $80. These printers are also the best for heat transfers for shirts. I use Duratrans paper and the prints last for years on shirts. For printing on vinyl, I just cut a piece of my sign vinyl to 8.5x11 and hit print. I bought an inexpensive program that lets you print a larger picture by doing it in sections.
For anyone wanting to do small graphics for magnetic or other small sign projects, this cheap printer will do it.

njsigns

I agree with the above post. I have been using Alps MD printers for years with polyester paper and laminate which can be found at walmart.

I have found this guy:

http://systems-consulting.com/

to be one of the best resources when it comes to supplies.

I have stickers I have made several years ago, exposed to the extreme sun/harsh winters here in NJ, that look as good as the day they were printed. There is a yahoo group for the Alps with tons and tons of information. I have purchased a few Alps on eBay that were broken, and sent them in for exchange (you can no longer buy these things new). I'd take a look around, might be exactly what you are looking for...

Gene

scooternalberta

thanks for the info
i was actually lloking at the alps printer ,still new to the business how do i go about cutting them out can i use registration mark and put it in my vinyl cutter to cut them out,if that the case let me know i may lok at going that way
thanks scott
:Canada 2:

Jackpine

alps thermal printer

I have a very sightly (like new)used Alps 2010 thermal printer and ALL the original cables, drivers,r ibbons(and some extra's) and the oringinal boxes for sale. Private message me if anyone is interested. Will sell very reasonable.

scooternalberta

not sure how to pm yet but pm me with a price and mabey we can make a deal,im also waiting for a price on a used pc-600 but i am very intrested
thanks scott