• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland RS 640

Anointed

Hello,

I recently bought a used Roland VersaArt RS640 and did a test print today and nothing printed. The printer has been sitting for over 6 months. I've read on online that it could be that the heads are clocked and requires manual cleaning. Please any thoughts or advice?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Anointed

Overnight head soak probably required to recover what few nozzles are still going to fire. 6 months is a very long time to leave a solvent machine offline.
Thanks for your advice and immediate post. Would you recommend any Solvent Cleaning Solution Liquid Roland Printers? I've seen a few online but not sure which to go for.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
The standard Roland cleaning fluid should be fine. Cheap way of getting cleaning fluid is to use anything left over in a cleaning cartridge if you have any lying around.

Anointed

Overnight head soak probably required to recover what few nozzles are still going to fire. 6 months is a very long time to leave a solvent machine offline.
Hi,

I did the overnight head soak and and performed cleaning test but the test came out blank. Please any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
It's been 13 years since I did this. My memory is fading with that much time. I think it took some attention to other parts of the system. Check to make sure you have good suction to the heads and the dampers are full. You can use a syringe to draw ink through the pumping station to clear out any dried ink.

Anointed

The standard Roland cleaning fluid should be fine. Cheap way of getting cleaning fluid is to use anything left over in a cleaning cartridge if you have any lying around.
I opened the top cover and saw that there are no fresh inks running through the tubes from the cartridge station after several test print was done. I'm not sure if it is clogged some where along the line. At the moment, I'm doing a flush through the tubes with the cleaning fluid and after I will perform some test again and see how it goes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Anointed

It's been 13 years since I did this. My memory is fading with that much time. I think it took some attention to other parts of the system. Check to make sure you have good suction to the heads and the dampers are full. You can use a syringe to draw ink through the pumping station to clear out any dried ink.
Hi Mate, thanks for your advice. I'm back again working on my printer. I've tried pulling ink from the caps lines and didn't get any ink through any of the lines. However, there were ink in the dampers. I felt some resistance from the black and yellow lines. However, the red and yellow lines had air leak and no resistance. Please what does this mean or what do you suggest I do from here? (I have not changed the caps yet as I want to see if there may be other parts that I may need and order them at the same time).
I'm not sure how the cap top works but I'm unable to pull or flush any fluid through the K, C, M. from the end of the cap top lines. When I put cleaning fluid on top of the K, C, M caps it just sits on top. However, when I put the fluid on the top cap of the Y, the fluid runs through and come out of the end of line. I took out the top caps and put a syringe to the end line of each cap and siphoned each line and there was a strong resistant for K, C, M except for Y. I even tried to run cleaning fluid from the syringe to the line to the cap top but the fluid wouldn't go out of the syringe. Please any suggestions...

Anointed

Hi,

I finally replaced the cap tops with brand new ones and also the dampers and performed x3 powerful cleaning and did a print test and no ink was printed on the paper, "BLANK WHITE". I opened the capping area of the machine and found that the new replaced caps does not even have a single drop of ink on each of them C,M,K,Y. Please see attached pics..

Please any further advice would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks again
J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 5.50.51 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 5.50.51 pm.png
    820.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: