• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC545EX pouring ink out during printing.

HammerheadJoe

Hi - has anyone ever experienced a problem like this?
Ink Flooding.jpg

The printer is actually printing just fine except it is flooding ink on the left side and appears to be dumping Cyan or Light Cyan ink into the other caps (ie yellow turned green). Print quality is fine otherwise. I just replaced the pump for bank c which was leaking.

Could this be a damper problem? Had the printer for over 8 years and never replaced a damper.

Jack Knight1979

I have experienced this, and just the other day as a matter of fact.

Small drips can be caused by hairs on the heads. Larger pooling like this is due to too much pressure on your ink tanks (bulk ink), or an air leak. You are correct to try replacing your damper first. Swapping out the damper is the cheapest fix and with 8 years on the damper, it's long over due. Be cautious if you do this yourself. You do not want to break the printhead manifold. Check youtube for videos on replacing dampers.

I use a small syringe to draw ink back into the damper before I put the damper back on the head. This will keep ink waste to a minimum.

HammerheadJoe

Much appreciated

I have experienced this, and just the other day as a matter of fact.

Small drips can be caused by hairs on the heads. Larger pooling like this is due to too much pressure on your ink tanks (bulk ink), or an air leak. You are correct to try replacing your damper first. Swapping out the damper is the cheapest fix and with 8 years on the damper, it's long over due. Be cautious if you do this yourself. You do not want to break the printhead manifold. Check youtube for videos on replacing dampers.

I use a small syringe to draw ink back into the damper before I put the damper back on the head. This will keep ink waste to a minimum.

Thanks for the heads up on this - will do just that.