• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 and reflective vinyl

beba

[FONT=&quot]Hello,

I'm new to sign making and i would like to print on Avery A7 reflective vinyl. But i cannot find any profile for this type of vinyl.
Can you please advice me with what profile to use?

Thanks
Tom

[/FONT]

Barry

beba said:
[FONT=&quot]Hello,

I'm new to sign making and i would like to print on Avery A7 reflective vinyl. But i cannot find any profile for this type of vinyl.
Can you please advice me with what profile to use?

Thanks
Tom

[/FONT]

First off I would ditch the Avery reflective and go for some 3M 680 series vinyl. It prints much better and easier.

As for the Avery, give me a call at 832-515-6458 and Ill see if I can hook you up with a profile that will work.

beba

Barry said:
First off I would ditch the Avery reflective and go for some 3M 680 series vinyl. It prints much better and easier.

As for the Avery, give me a call at 832-515-6458 and Ill see if I can hook you up with a profile that will work.

I have the Avery just for test. I have only 15"x10'. Fist i would like to see it how it looks.

Thanks for your response.

Tom

thewood

When printing on reflective vinyl on my Mimaki, I find it helpful to crank to heat up (to 60° C.) Hope this helps a bit.

Barry

mwoodson44 said:
When printing on reflective vinyl on my Mimaki, I find it helpful to crank to heat up (to 60° C.) Hope this helps a bit.

His heater maxes out at 50° C, but you are right, heat seems to help quite a bit.